Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey Song Survivor: The Solo Collection

Default Glenn Frey Song Survivor: The Solo Collection

Time for Glenn Frey Solo Song Survivor, where we vote off Glenn’s Greatest Hits until we get to the last one standing!

Note: VOTING CLOSES AT 8:00 EASTERN TIME EVERY OTHER NIGHT, starting Tuesday, April 22.

If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview

I'm going to list the songs from The Solo Collection here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for your LEAST favorite, not your favorite.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The exception is the last round. If the tie-breaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand.

For this Survivor, we also have immunity questions. We won't have immunity questions on the first or second-to-last-rounds, and of course we won't have them for the last round, lol. However, for the other rounds, we will.

Here's how immunity questions work. After the beginning of the round, I ask a Frey-related question. The first person who answers the question correctly gets to pick a remaining song to be immune - no one can vote for it on the next round. I'll allow until 2:00 am Eastern for someone to answer. If no one gets it right by then, then we continue the round as normal without any song being immune. You only get one guess per round, so be careful!

The winner of the Solo Collection Survivor is...

PART OF ME, PART OF YOU!

Congratulations PART OF ME, PART OF YOU.

Voted off:
    Rising Sun 4/24
    Sexy Girl 4/26
    Call on Me 4/28
    Who's Been Sleepin' in My Bed 4/30
    I've Got Mine 5/2
    Brave New World 5/4
    Common Ground 5/6
    Soul Searchin' 5/8
    The One You Love 5/10
    The Heat Is On 5/12
    This Way to Happiness 5/14
    True Love 5/16
    River of Dreams 5/18
    Smuggler's Blues 5/20
    You Belong to the City 5/22

The game is over.

Thanks for playing.

Default Round 1 - Rising Sun

Well, at least the first round is easy for me - Rising Sun, as pretty as it is, is just a little appetizer, not the main course. It should go first.

I cast my vote for Rising Sun.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

YAY!

I agree with you Soda. Rising Sun is an effective piece of music but I really don't know what it is doing on this CD.

So I cast my vote for Rising Sun.

I cast my vote for "Rising Sun".

I must say, though, that I love the way this track almost runs into "Brave New World" - it's almost like a calm before the storm, given the subject matter of "Brave New World". I suppose I've also just got used to the running order of the two songs on "Strange Weather", which is the same, so I like listening to them back to back.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well I ranked the SC songs (or tried to) in order the other day and boy was it hard! The top 5 or so keep changing. But I did rank 'Rising Sun' at number 16. Not that it is a lightweight and I DO like Glenn' s instrumentals immensely, but it would never hole up against the 'bigguns' later on.

So I cast my vote for 'Rising Sun'

Why do I feel like I'll be saying 'Sorry Glenn ' a lot over the next few weeks?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I cast my vote for Rising Sun too, though as MF said, it's kind of a great intro for Brave New World. But it's a pity that it's too short, and it hasn't really grown on me...

I cast my vote for Rising Sun

It's gonna get ALOT more difficult now.... as I LOVE all the songs on this album!

Border Rebel

I cast my vote for "Rising Sun," also, but for me it was a toss up between this one, "Big Life" and "Delicious."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome back, Scott. Good grief - asking me to pick my least favorites off of Strange Weather would be just as hard as this is going to be. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to vote for here. I'll be back later.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by scottside
    I cast my vote for "Rising Sun," also, but for me it was a toss up between this one, "Big Life" and "Delicious."
    Scottside, I'm a little confused. "Big Life" and "Delicious" are on the "Strange Weather" album. We're voting for songs on the "Solo Collection".

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down