Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey Song Survivor: The Solo Collection

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Quote Originally Posted by scottside
    I cast my vote for "Rising Sun," also, but for me it was a toss up between this one, "Big Life" and "Delicious."
    Scottside, I'm a little confused. "Big Life" and "Delicious" are on the "Strange Weather" album. We're voting for songs on the "Solo Collection".
    Whoops....sorry! Wrong album...for some strange reason I had STRANGE WEATHER in my head as I had played it all the way through the day before...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I cast my vote for Rising Sun also.

The rest is going to be hard.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay - no surprize here. I thought Rising Sun would be the first to go. I like Soda's description, and I agree that 'appetizer' should be the first to go. For me, it is also almost like the beginning of Brave New World instead of a separate song. I don't think I've ever heard Brave New World without hearing Rising Sun precede it.

Since the outcome of this round appears to be determined, I'll deploy some strategy.

I cast my vote for Brave New World.

I like this song a lot, but something has got to go, and it's probably one of my least favorites.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I've been listening to this again in my car, and this is going to be a toughie. This is the first Glenn solo album that I bought and it just left me wanting more. I love the way he has included his most successful hits with four songs which haven't appeared on other albums.

Dreamer, I am inclined to agree with you about Brave New World. It may be where it's situated on this album - it's a bit downbeat after POMPOY and ROD. I prefer listening to it on Strange Weather.

I'm going to buck the trend here too. I don't skip tracks on cds normally, but if one of the boys is in the car I would skip Sexy Girl, just because of the lyrics. It has grown on me, but I'd feel it was hard to sell to other people.

I cast my vote for Sexy Girl

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

I think Sexy Girl is definitely inferior to the dramatic and sweeping Brave New World, which I love. I have a bad feeling that because we have no link to it, folks might not remember how awesome it is, and it'll go early. I find it highly underrated and I'm so glad he included it on this collection, even if it didn't make it onto the Millennium Collection.

Default Results for Round 1 - No More Rising Sun

The first song to be eliminated from Glenn’s Solo Collection Survivor is Rising Sun. “Rising Sun,” might as well set, because you have been voted off the island by a landslide. Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
    Rising Sun – 8
    Brave New World – 1
    Sexy Girl – 1

Vote Breakdown
    Rising Sun – SodaScouts
    Rising Sun – Freypower
    Rising Sun – Mrs. Frey
    Rising Sun – Glennsallnighter
    Rising Sun – Claire
    Rising Sun – timfan
    Rising Sun – scottside
    Rising Sun – Brooke
    Brave New World – Ive always been a dreamer
    Sexy Girl – glenneaglesfan

Songs eliminated:
    Rising Sun – 4/24

Songs remaining:
    This Way to Happiness
    Who's Been Sleepin' in My Bed
    Common Ground
    Call on Me
    The One You Love
    Sexy Girl
    Smuggler's Blues
    The Heat Is On
    You Belong to the City
    True Love
    Soul Searchin'
    Part of Me, Part of You
    I've Got Mine
    River of Dreams
    Brave New World

Voting for Round 2 will begin after the following immunity question is answered:

Which song(s) reached #2 on Billboard, the highest chart position of any solo Eagle song?

Please include both your answer and the song you wish to be immune.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Round 2 - Sexy Girl

Well, since no one has answered the question, let's just move on to the next round. No song is immune.

I cast my vote for Sexy Girl.

Too repetitive.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

The answer to your question is "The Heat Is On", but it seems I'm just too late!

I cast my vote for "Common Ground". It's not that I don't like the song, but Glenn doesn't sing this one as beautifully as he does the remaining songs, in my opinion. The usual passion, heart and soul seems to be missing.

This will be the last vote I'll be able to put in for a while , so I hope you all enjoy the game while I'm away!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Stuck on the Border

The answer was both The Heat Is On and You Belong To The City, but I haven't been able to get to the computer until now.

MF, I must disagree that the 'passion, heart and soul' is missing from Common Ground. I think it is one of Glenn's finest ever performances.

I cast my vote for Sexy Girl. I think the song has aged better than expected but it remains fundamentally trivial, and repetitive, as Soda said.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I knew that answer too, but again as I'm in Europe would have been asleep when you set it Soda!! . I'l have to stay up late some night. Is there any way we could change the immunity rule so that some of us over here would be able to answer when we login in the mornings?

If its against the rules, no worries.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP