Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Linda Ronstadt

Default Re: Linda Ronstadt

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Thanks Shun. Linda looks great. I also can't wait to see the show on the 15th. Anyone know who is doing Linda's song ?
    I saw the potential singers that could pay tribute to Linda. Trisha and Garth were there. Trisha could pay tribute to Linda. Garth could do Earth, Wind and Fire or he could just be there. The same with Trisha. Carrie is there. SO I can see her paying tribute to Linda. She did pay tribute to Linda at R&R HoF induction. Thomas Rhett could be there for Linda.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Linda on the red carpet tonight.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Aaron Neville is there. So that's one who's probably paying tribute to her.

Garth could be there for Linda.

He was just on Kelly Clarkson's new show talking about how much he loves James Taylor's music so I think it's a fair bet he's at least a big fan of that kind of music and era of the whole Laurel Canyon thing.

I'm not a 90s country guy but I always liked Garth Brooks! He had an energy that got my attention.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I think Don was there. I don't know if he performed, but the person who spokes before the video montage (he might had done the video montage) and the performance. I'm still trying to find out more.

This quote was in the article.

Don Henley, who received his own Kennedy Center Honor in 2016 as a member of the Eagles, praised Ronstadt’s “curiosity about multiple music styles” that led her to explore early country-rock, mainstream pop, Broadway and Mexican folk ballads.
    “And Linda owned each and every genre she explored,” Henley said.
    Trisha was there to honor Linda. She, Carrie, Aaron Neville, and all female mariachi band.

Looks like Don was there tonight. GettyImages really haven't posted that many pictures this weekend.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...53e_story.html

The roster of stars who turned out for the efficiently produced three-hour event, hosted by previous honoree LL Cool J, surpassed some other recent years: The list included Steven Spielberg, Maura Tierney and Pierce Brosnan for Field; Cedric the Entertainer and Joseph Gordon Levitt for “Sesame Street”; and Don Henley and Underwood for Ronstadt, with Underwood singing the Ronstadt songs “Blue Bayou” and “When Will I Be Loved.”

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Great! Can't wait to see it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - I'm looking forward to seeing this, too. Did I miss it or do we know the TV broadcast date yet?

ETA: Nevermind, I went back in this thread and saw that shun posted that it will be televised on December 15th.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

A few pictures from Sunday.

Thank you, Shun, you're so good to keep us updated! 👍

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you