Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Linda Ronstadt

Default Re: Linda Ronstadt

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    The trailer is out for Linda's new documentary. Don pops up in the trailer. The picture and video of Glenn we've seen before pops up in the trailer. I wish Glenn was alive to be part of this.

It will be out in theaters in September. I can't wait to see this.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...railer-863297/

Yes, this looks amazing. Can't wait to see it! I wonder if there will be footage we haven't seen before with Glenn and Don?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

The documentary opens this Friday! Need to check the Little Art Theater in Yellow Springs for times... I noticed it was on the marquee.

https://people.com/music/linda-ronst...singing-voice/

Border Rebel

CNN will debut "Linda Ronstadt : The Sound of My Voice " on January 1 at 9:00 with encore showings on January 4th and 5th. I didn't make it to the very limited theater showings, so I'm really looking forward to this!

Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post
    CNN will debut "Linda Ronstadt : The Sound of My Voice " on January 1 at 9:00 with encore showings on January 4th and 5th. I didn't make it to the very limited theater showings, so I'm really looking forward to this!
    Me, too! For Amazon Prime subscribers, the documentary will be available to stream on December 3rd. I can't tell if there is a purchase involved or if it's included, but it is an opportunity to see it before CNN airs it.

Thanks, My My and CAinOH, I didn’t get to see this in the theaters either. Good to know it’ll be showing on Amazon Prime and CNN.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

On a semi-related note - I just saw Steven Page a few weeks ago (former front man of The Barenaked Ladies) when he was here in Memphis. One of the songs he wrote and performed was "Linda Rondstadt In The 70s"

An excerpt from the lyrics:

'Cause you like Linda Ronstadt's older stuff
    From the 70s
    You know she'll never be the same
    As she used to be
    She wore those roller skates
    On disco dates
    While the Eagles played

Steven Page also played what he calls the "Feel Good Strum" - basically he and his band are strumming along as they start singing random song lyrics to see if they fit the rhythm of the "feel good strum." One of the songs they tried was Hotel California - it didn't fit and everyone had a great laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeeaglesfan View Post
    On a semi-related note - I just saw Steven Page a few weeks ago (former front man of The Barenaked Ladies) when he was here in Memphis. One of the songs he wrote and performed was "Linda Rondstadt In The 70s"

An excerpt from the lyrics:

'Cause you like Linda Ronstadt's older stuff
    From the 70s
    As she used to be
    She wore those roller skates
    On disco dates
    While the Eagles played

Steven Page also played what he calls the "Feel Good Strum" - basically he and his band are strumming along as they start singing random song lyrics to see if they fit the rhythm of the "feel good strum." One of the songs they tried was Hotel California - it didn't fit and everyone had a great laugh!
    Didn't realize the Eagles got a mention in there. Cool!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Linda with the other KCH honorees last night at the State Dinner. This is the only picture I found from last night. The big gala is tonight and it will be on on December 15th.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5z_UYdj...d=uskthfejkgnm
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-09-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Thanks Shun. Linda looks great. I also can't wait to see the show on the 15th. Anyone know who is doing Linda's song ?

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Thanks Shun. Linda looks great. I also can't wait to see the show on the 15th. Anyone know who is doing Linda's song ?
    We won’t know until tonight when either Getty Image or the news media post about it.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley