Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Linda Ronstadt

Default Re: Linda Ronstadt

I watched The Sound of My Voice last night, I recommend it if you haven't seen it yet! Not only was it an interesting look at Linda and her career, but it was great to see Henley interviewed, footage of him and Glenn in her back-up band and from HOTE, and familiar faces like Jackson Browne, JD Souther, David Geffen, and Cameron Crowe. My only quibble is that they didn't show Glenn inducting Linda into the RRHOF.

It is sad that Linda can't sing anymore, though, that clip of her at the end was sad to see.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I watched The Sound of My Voice last night, I recommend it if you haven't seen it yet! Not only was it an interesting look at Linda and her career, but it was great to see Henley interviewed, footage of him and Glenn in her back-up band and from HOTE, and familiar faces like Jackson Browne, JD Souther, David Geffen, and Cameron Crowe. My only quibble is that they didn't show Glenn inducting Linda into the RRHOF.

It is sad that Linda can't sing anymore, though, that clip of her at the end was sad to see.
    Hi Groupie - I loved it too. I also thought they would show Glenn inducting Linda into the RRHOF. It was a great show and really highlighted how beautiful and unique her voice was. It was great to see those old clips with Don & Glenn. It was also great to see the old Troub/Asylum crew including John Boylan and David Geffen. It was very well done.

I agree! They definitely should have included Glenn in the scenes from Linda's induction into the R&R HOF. But the documentary itself was awesome!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yes, I wonder why they didn't show a clip or two from that?

Anyway, I watched half last night and plan on watching the rest tonight. I loved what I've seen so far. Made me a bit nostalgic remembering.....
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post

What a great perspective of Linda's career! I agree that it would have been a nice touch to show Glenn inducting Linda into the RnR HOF. I recorded the documentary and will watch it again and maybe a few more times after that. Not only did we see Don, Glenn, Jackson, JD (who had tears in his eyes at one point), David and Cameron, but it might be noted that there was footage of Randy in her back-up band also. I'm not sure, but Bernie was probably there also. (I couldn't take my eyes off of Randy.)

Very sad at the end when Linda sang a bit with her nephew and cousin. She had such a forlorn look on her face. She has a good attitude. In an interview a while ago she said that she was glad that she was kind to her friends or she'd be screwed now. (Those were her words.)
    The “ribbon on the package” ~ hitting the Soprano C ~ “One More Time”!

It brought a tear to my eye to hear her sing. She may think she wasn't singing, but she did a great job. I'm so glad they caption that.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    It brought a tear to my eye to hear her sing. She may think she wasn't singing, but she did a great job. I'm so glad they caption that.
    I thought the same thing!
    The “ribbon on the package” ~ hitting the Soprano C ~ “One More Time”!

Border Rebel

I thought she did a great job too. Although it wasn't the big, powerhouse voice that she was known for, I thought her sweet, soft harmonies were beautiful. I really enjoyed the documentary and will watch it again. I always pick up on more tidbits the second (or third) time I watch documentaries with so much information!

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    I agree! They definitely should have included Glenn in the scenes from Linda's induction into the R&R HOF. But the documentary itself was awesome!

My Kevin & I were both crying at the end. I asked him if he wanted to watch the encore presentation, but he said no. His Dad & my Dad both had Parkinson's. It's a soft subject for him.

But I DVR'd it so I can watch it again tonight when he goes to work.

I'm wondering if maybe Linda didn't want to include a lot of Glenn in there because it makes her sad? Or maybe , because she is so humble, she didn't want to accentuate her rewards?

Quote Originally Posted by lovemusic View Post
    What a great perspective of Linda's career! I agree that it would have been a nice touch to show Glenn inducting Linda into the RnR HOF. I recorded the documentary and will watch it again and maybe a few more times after that. Not only did we see Don, Glenn, Jackson, JD (who had tears in his eyes at one point), David and Cameron, but it might be noted that there was footage of Randy in her back-up band also. I'm not sure, but Bernie was probably there also. (I couldn't take my eyes off of Randy.)

Very sad at the end when Linda sang a bit with her nephew and cousin. She had such a forlorn look on her face. She has a good attitude. In an interview a while ago she said that she was glad that she was kind to her friends or she'd be screwed now. (Those were her words.)
    Bernie was there, sitting down playing the pedal steel.

I thought JD still seemed a little in love with her, when he talked about how he could still hear her laugh. (But I'm just a romantic sap)

MarthaJo -fair point, maybe she didn't want to include too much of Glenn.