Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Linda Ronstadt

Default Re: Linda Ronstadt

Who will do the honor of introducing and inducting her?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by ktdids View Post
    Who will do the honor of introducing and inducting her?
    Well, it's a bit soon for that. It has literally just been announced. My guess would be Jackson Browne although they may try to find a current female pop star who has been influenced by Linda. I know most people here would want Don Henley to do it but he inducted Randy Newman last year.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Congratulations to Linda!!!

This is very much well-deserved, but unbelievably overdue at the same time. She was one of the first crossover artists to successfully blend the country rock sound into the American psyche. I always loved her voice.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Reading her book now, about 1/3 through. Would JD Souther be an option? Glenn would be an interesting choice if not Don, or perhaps even both.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

It'll be interesting to see who she chooses. I guess she wouldn't be interested in hearing my recommendation.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

am a happy camper she so deserves this ,to think that her voice is now silent just so saddens me.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by ktdids View Post
    Reading her book now, about 1/3 through. Would JD Souther be an option? Glenn would be an interesting choice if not Don, or perhaps even both.
    Glenn has never done anything like this; it is Don who seems happy to do this sort of thing. Of course Souther would be an option but I still think they are more likely to have someone she influenced.

Dreamer, I wasn't aware the inductee chose the presenter. I assumed the HOF did that.

I was reading an article today on Peter Gabriel and something he said was interesting. He said that the inductees have a choice of either singing at the ceremony, sing with other artist or sit down and watch others sing their songs.

So if neither Don or Glenn don't get pick to induct Linda into the RnRHoF, they came be part of the groupl that will sing her songs. I read Linda said she won't be able to make it, but the RnR HoF, could do a tape video of her doing her acceptance speech.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

so so sad.....she cant sing and now she cant travel to the ceremony just so stinking sad

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I was reading an article today on Peter Gabriel and something he said was interesting. He said that the inductees have a choice of either singing at the ceremony, sing with other artist or sit down and watch others sing their songs.

So if neither Don or Glenn don't get pick to induct Linda into the RnRHoF, they came be part of the groupl that will sing her songs. I read Linda said she won't be able to make it, but the RnR HoF, could do a tape video of her doing her acceptance speech.
    She would not be the first inductee not to attend. Van Morrison didn't to nobody's surprise. If the inductee is not there someone accepts on their behalf. I don't know if they do taped speeches from inductees.

Regarding who will perform her songs, PERHAPS Don & Jackson Browne will. Glenn, as I have already stated, has never attended one of these functions apart from the one where he was inducted himself.