Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Linda Ronstadt

Default Re: Linda Ronstadt

I have a question. I don't know that much about Jackson's history, but what's his history with Linda?

Just checked the tour dates for end of January, and they will be in California at the time of the HOF ceremony, which will be at the Barclay's center here in Brooklyn this time. Let the speculation continue. And too bad Linda won't be there for it.

*Oops, confusing the HOF with the Grammy's which are at the end of January.
    Last edited by ktdids; 12-19-2013 at 02:32 AM.

Actually the ceremony is April 10th. So I think they are still in the US and on a break during that time before they had over to Europe.

Oh crap. I just remembered. I don't have HBO anymore. So I'm gonna have to see it on YouTube.

Glad for Linda--question some of the other inductees, but jmo.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

they will be selling tickets to this event . It would be cool to go I think

Here's a brief interview with Linda re Eagles. Don't know if it's new or not. I bet she gets fed up with the same old questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Tu...=youtube_gdata

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013...ing-there.html

Thanks!

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

I just saw the Saturday Night Live show with Linda in it from 1979 I think. She was the musical guest but she was in one sketch. In the sketch Bill Murray is singing at a VIP entertainment area at an airport. He sees Linda and he starts freaking out and surrounds her. He sings her song, You're No Good, really badly right to her. It's so funny. He is annoying Linda like crazy and he won't leave her alone so John Belushi who is being her body guard punches him and he falls. It's just hillarious!
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

I'm currently reading Linda's book while I do like it so far, and she does mention Bernie, Don, and Glenn by name outside of the Eagles chapter, I am surprised that the Eagles chapter itself is less than 2 full pages long!

I guess it's nice that they even have their own chapter at all with such a short book. I am reading it because I dig her, but am just genuinely surprised that chapter isn't longer. I feel she could've put a little more behind the scenes anecdotes to give us a peak into that world. ...like she does with a story about Keith Richards and Gram Parsons.

well I'm not done yet...just finished the Eagles chapter..so we'll see!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Another thing I noticed is she never outright said in the book that she was dating JD. She talks about living with him, and said they remained friends after moving into separate places. She kind of hints at it I guess...but the way she talks about it, you might think they were just close friends.

but it's not like it was a secret that they dated...I don't get the vagueness of it all.

for example:
    After about a year and a half, John David moved to a house a few blocks away. We remained friends but had drifted into different webs of our own needs and interests. He was writing a lot, and I was traveling nonstop. We've always had feelings of affection and sympathy for each other. I still want to know about the songs he's just written.
    Last edited by Thirsty&Hot; 01-26-2014 at 12:31 AM.
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...