Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Linda Ronstadt

Default Re: Linda Ronstadt

I hear you, PM, but I wonder if it's really 'bemoaning' or if she is simply a very humble person. I keep thinking of that old adage: we are our own worst critics. I appreciate that she has never allowed her successes to become ego issues like many in the entertainment industry do. (I think it's one of the things we love most about our boys. They don't let their success define who they are and tend to downplay it.) The fact that her illness has robbed us of future live performances or new recordings is sad, but I'm thrilled that her talents and accomplishments are being acknowledged and preserved for future generations. She is a true original and her sound is unique. You can't hear one of her songs and not know immediately that you're listening to Linda Ronstadt!I agree that her self-critiques are something we would rather not hear repeatedly, but they can never diminish the pleasure we derive from the fruits of her labors. Just my two cents worth.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I adore Heart Like A Wheel! But again, her continual bemoaning of her singing voice back then annoys the heck out of me.
    It is slightly reminscent of Glenn & his 'We Had Don Henley' comments as if Glenn himself was/is no good at all.

Congratulations to Linda for her induction in the RRHF, regardless of how she views it. The recognition of her talent is what it's all about.

Stuck on the Border

I was in tears when I saw Glenn's speech. When Glenn can tell so many details about about Linda's career without reading from a piece of paper (this album sold that much; that guy produced this album in 1984 etc.), it seems that he's really been following her career. I wish I could always feel that way about people I love - just enjoying their success without feeling envious. True friendship and love.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

It really was a great speech!

And congrats to Linda! She definitely deserves it! I must now go find some of her cds. I had several of her early albums, but never got the cds.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Linda Ronstadt is an icon in the music industry. She has a one of a kind voice. It is sad that she couldn't be there and I'm sure that if she could have she would have. I think her not caring one way or the other is maybe a coverup for the fact she couldn't be there due to health issues. Just my guess. Although she seems like she's always been a loner go her own way gal, and maybe sge truely doesn't aless about it. Nobody will really know except close friends and family.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Soda !! How was your R&R HOF experience ? If you've discussed it in another forum I apologize.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    Soda !! How was your R&R HOF experience ? If you've discussed it in another forum I apologize.
    https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...ead.php?t=5056

On the last page.

Thanks for linking to that, FP. In short: it was incredible beyond my wildest dreams!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Right after I posted that I figured I'd venture over to the foreign land known as the Glenn Frey threads and I found it. Sounds like you had a great time, and their performances were awesome !!