Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Linda Ronstadt

Stuck on the Border

Regarding the comment on weight - that is so true. Nobody ever talks about David Crosby or Stephen Stills' weight.

I'm not sure how I feel about Don and his response to that audience. If he was annoyed by it he had the right to make a comment. Perhaps the 'we deal with real issues' line is a bit patronising.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

A couple more Linda Ronstadt CD's.

Linda Ronstadt and Emmylou Harris 'Western Wall: The Tucson Sessions' (1999) - Linda and Emmylou are great together.

Linda Ronstadt 'Songs of My Father' - I LOVE this one. Many of the songs are in Spanish (which I don't speak) but the whole vibe of the CD is upbeat and fun. Although I know I have this CD I cannot find it anywhere today I'm guessing hubby has lent it to someone so cannot tell you when it came out but it was quite a while ago.

I also think it is rude to boo at concerts. My husband's reaction was the same as yours, soda--he cringed. Don said something like, "If you come to my solo shows, you know I will be expressing my opinions," but the thing is, we didn't know that then. A good portion of the audience did, but the rest of us were just casual fans (at least, I was at THAT point). There were all kinds of stereotypes on display that night--not only Don's comment about the Deep South, but whispered comments from my hubby and people around us saying that Don was just your typical liberal Democratic rock star. But as you pointed out, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even rock stars, and Don didn't go on & on about it, he just started singing the song and let the song say it for him! Then he went from doing OPS ("Other People's Stuff"--he said "I always like to do other people's stuff" ) to singing his hits again, and everyone was happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Regarding the comment on weight - that is so true. Nobody ever talks about David Crosby or Stephen Stills' weight.

Didn't we have commentary on the boys' weight/appearance in an article in the recent past? The problem is the new Barbie/Ken standard if you want to sing. Video did indeed kill the radio star.

Right DF. I have no problem with him expressing his opinion as long as he doesn't get nasty about it! But honestly he is so talented that it would take a lot worse than such defensive comments to make me not want to go to a show. He rocks no matter what. IMO, after the gift of music he's given, the audience shouldn't be so rude as to boo him. Whatever happened to respectfully disagreeing?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Whatever happened to respectfully disagreeing?
    Exactly!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Linda Ronstadt

Just happened to think of her today and realized we had never talked much about her! Geez, she nearly founded the Eagles! At least had a big part in them finding each other.

One of my favorite songs of hers and the extra eye candy is nice!
    Silver Threads and Golden Needles
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flLoj5qxURw&feature=related[/ame]

Wonder where she is today?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Love this one too!

You're No Good
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEqNNlwq4KY&feature=related[/ame]
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

I always liked Linda Ronstadt. I listen to her songs (occasianlly) at my work. They have the oldies playing. The one (they play mostly) is you're no good. Always reminds me of that documentary when they were talking about how good her voice is. And I have to agree. I wonder what she is doing now-a-days. Hopefully still performing.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

She isn't doing much lately - hope all is well with her.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten