Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Linda Ronstadt

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Linda Ronstadt & Glenn--the early years

Belated Happy Birthday Linda, thank you for all you have given so generously to the world of Music.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Linda Ronstadt & Glenn--the early years

Happy belated birthday to Linda! Thanks for everything!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Default Re: Linda Ronstadt

Cool! Thanks for that, AEW.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Some early reviews are popping up on Amazon and such---early thoughts seem to be that her passion for music and her craft are compelling, but her reticence in discussing anything personal make things a bit dry...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Hmmmm, may have to cancel my pre-order!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I haven't pre-ordered it yet. I may wait till some more reviews come out but then again I love Linda so I will probably order it anyway. I wish I knew if she would be doing any book signings.

Linda is going to be doing an interview at the 92nd St. Y in September.

http://www.92y.org/Event/Linda-Ronstadt.aspx

If anyone is in the NY area, these things are usually pretty great. I've seen Bono and the Edge interviewed there, Stephen Colbert and some other interesting people as well. They generally have excellent interviewers and it's a very entertaining evening.

They often have a book signing afterwards as well. I wonder if they will with her, since it seems as if this interview will be in conjunction with her book.

ETA: Oops! See someone already mentioned this in the Glenn/Linda thread. Sorry for the duplication!
    Last edited by NYC Fan; 07-24-2013 at 06:59 AM.

A new poster in the "Linda and Glenn" thread gave it a warm review--said it's pretty close to the vest in terms of gossip/romance, but Glenn and Don are mentioned, and she writes in a compelling tone.

Happy to see her out and about again. Even though she's pretty down on her rock n roll days, it would be nice if this rise in public presence would get her in the minds of Rock n Roll Hall of Fame voters again...Though, being the iconoclast she is, maybe she'd refuse...

From Roger Friedman, Showbiz411--Linda won't sing on book tour
    Linda Ronstadt is not singing anymore. When she hits the publicity circuit this September for her book, “Simple Dreams: A Musical Memoir,” Ronstadt will not need a band for Letterman, Fallon, or any other show. I am told that she has retired, in that sense. There’ll be no “You’re No Good” or “Heat Wave” or “Blue Bayou.”
    It’s not that she can’t sing; she can. But she doesn’t sing every day, has no interest in revving up her engines, and doesn’t feel she can meet expectations of fans. A friend says, “She’s 67, and she’s doing other things.”
    The book, by the way, is not a kiss and tell, but a look back at all her work with the Eagles and Jackson Browne and JD Souther, all the songwriters she introduced, and the many musical adventures she had with scores of people she helped make famous. And Linda wrote the book herself– no ghost writer. I can’t wait to read it.
    But this no singing business is frustrating for her fans. New generations need to be exposed to Ronstadt, one of the most remarkable pop voices of all time. Linda, change your mind! We need you now more than ever!
    By the way, there’s newly remastered version of her great album, “Heart Like a Wheel,” produced by Peter Asher, on Amazon.com and Spotify. I just bought it, and it’s still a classic. Cissy Houston sings background on the James Carr hit, “Dark End of the Street,” too!
    I wish she'd unleash her pipes at least once during the publicity blitz. Perhaps it's more that she doesn't want to sing her oldies hits....?