Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Who should play the Eagles if they did a biopic?

Default Re: Who should play the Eagles if they did a biopic?

I've seen Rhett Miller in concert. He's adorable, has lots of stage presence and can really sing. Not sure if he can act, but he would surely look a lot like Randy!

As far as people who can both act and sing, I think if they did his hair and facial hair right, Oscar Isaac would make a good Glenn. He's not an exact match, but he's an excellent actor and singer and would probably do a really good job.

I agree that Bradley Cooper could be Don. Not sure about the singing, but he is so good looking, maybe they can dub someone's singing voice in

This is my vote for who could play Randy. This is an English actor named Josh Bowman who is on the show "Revenge." Very handsome like Randy with the same cute dimples and slender build.

Out on the Border johnnycomelately89's Avatar

Even though he's old i think Danny Devito could play an AMAZING Irving Azoff. just saying.
    They will never forget you til somebody new comes along

Quote Originally Posted by johnnycomelately89 View Post
    Even though he's old i think Danny Devito could play an AMAZING Irving Azoff. just saying.
    Either that, or in every scene the other guys would have to stand on boxes

another for glenn - cuban actor yul vasques.

(michael imperioli is good too, love the Sopranos)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Border Troubadour

Hmmm, spent a lot of time thinking about this (more than I could afford actually!) but I saw an old episode of Without A trace and thought that Anthony LaPaglia would make a good Irving. Okay, he doesn't look like him but he has that same short-guy, bolshie attitude. I could just see him facing dowm Bahamian officials

The other people suggested for Glenn and Randy look the part though I don't know them. I don't know who could play Timothy - he's definitely the hardest to cast - maybe Rob Lowe????

Anyway, needless to say, I spent a long time debating over Don H and finally came up with the English actor Richard Armitage. He has clear blue eyes, chiselled features, a dark chocolate voice and bundles of sex appeal. Okay, he's 6 feet 4 but hey he plays a hobbit so he could get away with it!! And he is musical, he plays the cello and dances (The Argentine Tango is his favourite - swoon) I don't know if he can sing but who cares they can dub Don's voice. I'd be happy anyway to look at him and hear Don

On a lighter note - how about Will Ferrell for Bernie. I could just see him plucking a banjo!!
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border

A question about this hypothetical biopic - what period would it focus on? How would it be structured?

I could see one set during the HFO tour, allowing the casting of established actors (and much easier for fantasy casting), perhaps with flashbacks to the 1970s with younger, lesser known actors. I don't want to see a bunch of fortysomethings playing twentysomethings. I need them to be "dangerous boys" rather than old enough to know better.

If tv series like Game of Thrones and The Borgias can do so well at casting young actors, then the Eagles shouldn't be too hard. Thinking of The Borgias, how about François Arnaud for Don Henley and David Oakes for Joe Walsh? [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw8GbyIaEW8[/ame]

Yeah, I think it would be more workable to cast young guys and add makeup to make them look older than casting different actors for the young roles. The exception would be if we go back to their kiddie days but that portion would need to be very brief, I think!

I can see HFO or even current day book ending an extended flashback - starting "in media res" like a classical epic - but the 70s were the wild ride, and that should be the focus, not the "milk and cookies" tour. Now, if you include the member's variety of issues during the 80s, the HFO reunion could be the climax and current day be the resolution. That could also be an interesting story structure, although the majority of the rising conflict would still have to be the 70s. I think that kind of structure would be more conducive to a miniseries than a 2 hour movie, though!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

If I was writing the movie I would start with the MTV HFO special and then flashback to the 70s beginning when Don & Glenn met. I would then take it thru the decade ending with Glenn's phone call to Don H. ending the EAGLES. I would love a miniseries!!

Another thought: now that we have the documentary, would a biopic be redundant?

Of course, as I tell my drama students, allowing the audience to watch something happening is a lot more interesting than having a narrator tell everyone what happened.

Plus, maybe there would be more attention given to romance! I'm still disappointed that the doc didn't even mention that Stevie had dated Don and Joe! Her 60 seconds of interview comments at the end were so generic that they could have come from any artist. "They made me want to be better." Where's the personal insight in that?

But I digress. I guess all that to say that I don't think a biopic would be redundant.

Agree/disagree?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten