Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Who should play the Eagles if they did a biopic?

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Who should play the Eagles if they did a biopic?

Randy has made runzas for houseguests in recent years. The runza, also known as a cabbage burger, is a specialty of Nebraska passed down by Volga German immigrants to the region.

But I digress: keep on thinking of actors who could play Henley circa 1988. I think this would be *after* he cut off his long hair.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I've been trying to think of someone for Don if they do include him in this and it's been tricky as most of the actors I thought of fit 70s Don. If he really is in the movie I'm guessing this will be the first time that someone does play one of the Eagles.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Thanks for digging this up. I remember the connection but had forgotten the details, and it's always good to go back and refresh my memory... in fact, I'm actually not sure I've ever read this particular article before.

Some little bits I found interesting:

- In 1987, he invited "50 or 60 close friends" to an annual party at a ranch in Aspen. Wow, that's a lot of close friends! Do you think they all owned Aspen homes or flew in? Wonder if he still owns that ranch?

- Nice that he did his own cooking. I like the idea of him busy in the kitchen and the specifics of the menu (beef brisket, turkey, ham, potato salad and gumbo.)

- I love that Don clarifies he had gone out with Donna Rice "not more than four times." OK then! lol I'm glad he did, though, because you know otherwise everybody would have assumed she was his girlfriend!

- Gordon's. I'll check that restaurant out next time I'm in Aspen. I'm sure it's my kind of place if Don likes it!

- "She's a Southern girl, and she helped serve," said Henley, adding that Rice was one of several friends who pitched in to help at the party. "If that makes her a hostess, sure she was," he said. <--- Nice of him to say.

---------------------

I realize I was taking it back totally off-topic - sorry! I can make a new thread if people want to keep talking about it - I just wanted to get a few comments in because it really was interesting.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I was looking at the photos of Don from that time period on Soda's Don Henley Online. It wouldn't be hard to find someone with that look - kind of an "L.A. Law" vibe (you are much too young to remember that show, Buffy).

No, we don't need no steenking new thread!

I'm jealous you've been to Aspen, Nancy. It seems lovely.

Stuck on the Border

Harry Hamlin? Not Jimmy Smits. I was thinking Charlie Sheen but he is and looks a bit too old. However, finding a fortyish actor should be much easier than finding the twenty-somethings for the biopic.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Harry Hamlin? Not Jimmy Smits. I was thinking Charlie Sheen but he is and looks a bit too old.
    They're all too old now. I wasn't thinking of a specific character from the show, but just the general look of a polished, urbane, late 80s person.

NMB, I have heard of "LA Law" but only because of "Seinfeld" referencing it and Corbin Bernsen being the son of one of my favorite soap actresses Jeanne Cooper from "The Young & the Restless" which I still watch. But that pic of Don actually reminds me of Toby Huss, who I watch currently on the 80s set "Halt and Catch Fire" where he plays a Texan and he did play Frank Sinatra recently on "Feud". Put a convincing wig on him and it might work.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Border Desperado

Not on the topic of who should play the band in a biopic, but I think with the emergence of Netflix and Hulu, this would be a perfect time to see a 10 part series on the Eagles.
    They have so much more time to tell the story than traditional movies. I thought Hulu did a great job with Stephen King's "11/22/63" book.
    You could break it down to time
    S1E1-how they got started, met each other, and ended up deciding to do it.
    S1E2-E5-The 70's from Eagles-Long Run
    S1E6-E7-The solo years
    S1E8-E9-HFO and following
    S1E10-HOTE, Glenn's death, and end with the band playing Classic West.

That's a good episode break down BB. I too agree that in this case, as well as The Beatles, it would work much better as a mini-series to get the whole story told. It could even be in the style of National Geographic's "Genius" which is an anthology series telling the story of a different person each year as season one was about Albert Einstein's whole life and season 2 will be Pablo Picasso. That too also had a younger actor play the title character from teens till 40s, and an older actor to play 50+. So you could get a different band each season.
    ~*Amanda*~

I'm reviving this thread because of the buzz around A Star Is Born reminded me that I once said that Bradley Cooper could play Don Henley in a biopic. Now that he's in his forties, he looks less like Don Henley than he did when he was younger. I think I might have to take that one back.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten