Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weight Watchers

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Default Weight Watchers

Has anyone here tried Weight Watchers? I'm thinking about signing up for their online program.

I did Weight Watchers back in 1994 and lost 10 pounds, but I didn't have the self-disciple to stick with it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I never did Weight Watchers, but between 14 January (when the London gigs were announced) and 20 March, every time I was tempted to be indulgent I just thought GLENN . (I would be in Starbucks, coffee in hand perusing the goodies and just repeating his name to myself until the craving passed!) It worked! I lost about 10 pounds in that time.

I need an Eagles gig in Dublin! Fast! Or else all that good work will be undone!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

LOL Self-discipline is my problem too. My sister did Weight Watchers and was successful. She went to the meetings though and I'm not really up for that. I suspect going to the meetings helps you keep motivated. I was going to do the online program thinking once I paid the money I would feel obligated to stick with the program.

Plus, at the meetings, they weigh you publicly (or at least they did in 1994). That can be humiliating although I suppose it is motivating too.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Plus, at the meetings, they weigh you publicly (or at least they did in 1994). That can be humiliating although I suppose it is motivating too.
    Two of my sisters talked me into joining them a few years ago. The WW staff would weigh people behind a little curtain, but then my dippy sister would announce her weight out loud and then say, "What was your weight, Sheryl?" Like I'm going to shout it across the room at her.

We weren't disciplined at all. In fact, it turned into an excuse to meet every Saturday morning, weigh in, skip the meeting, and then go out for a big high-calorie breakfast!

I remember one time we were at the restaurant, already stuffing our faces, when my middle sister and I realized that my oldest sister still had her Weight Watchers name tag on! We chose not to tell her and when she finally realized it, she was so mad at us, she didn't speak to us the rest of the morning. Ahhhh, siblings!

Very good Molly!

I don't think the humiliation route is the way to go! We've all had too much of that from our school days. Encouragement is so much better!

Good luck to anyone of you who tries it! I'll stick to Glenn
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I have never tried WW. As a matter of fact, I am working toward having the Adjustable Gastric Lap-Band done after my thyroid gets under control.

Well good luck with that Samo! Hope it all works out and your thyroid as well.
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Oh let me know how that goes. I have another family member who is thinking about that.