Page 38 of 268 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Thread: What's happening in your life? 11/06-08/08

Gef, the trip to Portugal sounds wonderful . Have a great time.

I'm looking forward to hearing all about it when you return

Have a nice time seeing Ross Noble, Julie We are actually distantly related to the Noble family. They used to own the Spanish City in Whitley Bay. This is a big claim to fame for us coming from a working class family

Have fun in Portugal, Kate. We got the snow. It was absloutley fantastic. The only thingt that spoiled it for me was being stuck in bed with stomach flu. Gary, the kids and my parents had a great time while I could only watch. Joshua said he would cheer me up by throwing a snow ball at my bedroom window. Luckily we live in a bungalow I'll post some pictures my hubby took a bit later.

Welocme back WFR, glad you're better

Sorry that you weren't able to enjoy the snow, WM. Hope you're feeling better now. look forward to seeing some pictures!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border

The Noble family owned the Spanish City? Now whenever I hear Tunnel Of Love I'll think of him too.

We enjoyed the Arj Barker show but I'm hopeless at retelling jokes.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Arj Baker show FP . I know what you mean about being hopeless and retelling jokes i'm the same way!

I've been very worred for the last two days because my 80-yr-old mother passed out and had to be rushed to the hospital. She has been doing so well since her hip replacement surgery in December that we were all really shocked for this to happen. She has always been troubled with inner ear dizziness, but this seemed much worse, and the Drs were afraid she had had a stroke in the balance section of her brain. My brother and sister have been by her side and calling me with updates.

Late yesterday they took her for a CAT scan and we finally got good news---Mom’s scans showed she did not have a stroke, thank goodness! She had a SEVERE attack of vertigo, one of the worst they have ever seen, and is still so dizzy & nauseous that she can barely eat. She is still in the hospital as they are trying to figure out the correct meds to treat this. She lives two hours away and I have to stay here to finish some work, but my daughters are out of school Monday for President's Day so the three of us are driving up after they get out of school Friday. If she is released by then, I think I’m going to try to bring her back with me this weekend, if she will come.

It is scary when your parents' health gets so fragile, y'know? She just hasn't been the same since my dad died three years ago.

I'm so happy to hear Mom is ok DF. Thank goodness it was "minor" and treatable. Hang in there and all the best to Mom.

Thanks for keeping us updated on your Mom, Dana. I'm so glad it's not a stroke. I'm praying for her!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Dana, glad to hear your Mom did not have a stroke, too. I'm keeping you and her in my thoughts and prayers, too.

Did you get a little snow, Nancy? We got about 9 inches here Monday night and now frigid temps. -3F here this morning! Brrrrr!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Oh, we got snow, alright! Almost a foot! Purdue actually closed, which it hardly ever does. I couldn't leave my apartment yesterday, and it took me an hour to dig out my car today. My first blizzard since I was a little girl! I have to admit, the snow day was nice.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten