Page 159 of 268 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2672

Thread: What's happening in your life? 11/06-08/08

Molly, my lovely blonde honor-student-college freshman Rachel came home from Montevallo earlier this fall with her LIP pierced. Talk about almost having a heart attack! I have absolutely no clue where the desire to do that came from, and I was mortified. Hubby said she has always done the right thing, made good grades and done what is expected of her, so when she went off to college she decided to do something "outside the box." After the initial shock wore off, we decided the less said about it, the better, and hopefully she will tire of it soon and remove it. Thanksgiving she spent all her time explaining it to relatives who hadn't seen it, while I just bit my tongue and walked away. What she doesn't realize is that, fairly or unfairly, people judge you by your appearance and she has just made it harder for for people to get past that first impression to get to know her sweet heart. Oh well...I just keep telling myself--this, too, shall pass.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Molly, your life sounds so much like mine!

I'm missing having little kids around for the snow and sledding fun, too! Our kids are grown but aren't married, so no little ones in sight yet. Our son has a serious girlfriend, but (hopefully) kids aren't in the picture yet!

He has just informed us that he has dropped out of college and is moving home after the New Year! He has only 1 more semester. It will be a change for us having him around all the time again, but we welcome him back until he can get a job and support himself. He will be going back into carpentering with his Dad, so he has a plan, at least. He says he hates what he is doing in college, so there's no use continuing. Plus he's homesick and wants to be here rather than there. I really wanted him to finish, but he is determined. I don't know how the long distance relationship will work for him and his girlfriend. Oh yes, we went through the ear piercing, too! At first, hubby threatened to yank it out or he was sure his brothers would! Now he has one in each ear, so I guess the threat didn't scare him! All I can say is, thank God there are no eyebrow, lip, or nose piercings! How about a tattoo? He has one that I know of! He managed to get it during his high school senior trip. Called home to tell me after he had done it! lol

Our daughter is happily single and plans to stay that way, so she says. And no kids, so no use asking! As long as she's happy, that's ok. I guess!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Oh Brooke, DF and Molly, what it is to have kids on the step to independence. My younger son came home one night with his ear pierced - he'd got a friend to do it. Trouble is, he'd got the wrong ear, so very briskly he got the friend to do the other ear!

Brooke, at least your son has a plan for the future, and certainly over here trades earn more money.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

GA, thanks for posting your pics, your kids are very cute.

And for the parents here... seems to be trendy nowadays but there are worse things than ear piercing. As long as they don't get pierced other parts.

MF, try to save your voice, I know it's hard but singing along to LROOE is not allowed for the next days.

Well, I'm back

I study so I don't have much time to spend here.
    Remember when the days were long ...

MARCO

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Welcome back Marco! Hope the study is going well
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

All this talk of teens and their adornments. I can go one better - my 16 year old gave himself a tatoo (tatoo parlors around here won't give tatoos to 16 year olds). Can you imagine? I left it to his Dad to read him the riot act which included threatening to sand it off with an electric sander - Ha! My son is undeterred and now wants to be a tatoo artist Beam me up Scotty!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    All this talk of teens and their adornments. I can go one better - my 16 year old gave himself a tatoo (tatoo parlors around here won't give tatoos to 16 year olds). Can you imagine? I left it to his Dad to read him the riot act which included threatening to sand it off with an electric sander - Ha! My son is undeterred and now wants to be a tatoo artist Beam me up Scotty!
    <Sigh> Why can't they be convinced that a few years from now they're probably going to regret it. My oldest son had a friend of his do a small tatoo on the top of his foot. It's an spade, like in a deck of cards.

My younger son (with the brand spanking new earring) is studying business and law. We're hoping he'll come across a boss while doing an internship who will tell him he has to remove it. His boss right now (a younger woman) thinks it's "cool".

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Over here its becoming the norm for bosses to do and say 'absolutely nothing' about piercings, tattoos etc. The flavour of the month is that the young person is 'expressing him/herself' and also it just might be against someones religious/cultural beliefs and so could have the company dope for discrimination Apparently its the person inside, and their quality of work which counts, rather than how they look. While this is basically a sound notion, it could be taken a bit far.....JMO!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Welcome back Marco! Hope the study is going well
    Yes Thanks
    Remember when the days were long ...

MARCO