Page 91 of 268 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: What's happening in your life? 11/06-08/08

Welcome back, Kath! I am so glad you are okay. What a horrible experience - I feel so badly for you . At least there are still some great people in the world, and a good samaritan helped you. Thank the Lord.

I wish you everything of the best, and just know that we are all thinking of you.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Oh Kath, that accident sounds truly terrifying, but thank goodness you escaped more serious injury, and it sounds as if everyone around was wonderful. Sorry to hear about your studies, but I'm sure something will work out for you soon.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Welcome back Kath!! Glad to hear you're ok Get plenty of rest and take good care of yourself.
    So goodbye rodeo, it's a long funny way for a man to go...

Glad you're back Kath. Take good care of yourself. We're all pulling for you.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

This week has been very sad here in Terre Haute, Indiana where I'm visiting my aunts. David, who is one of the custodians at the school where my aunt Sarah teaches at, lost his mother on Monday morning so I've been spending a lot of time with his family and my aunt Sarah is really close to him and all of his family. The funeral was yesterday and it was so touching and I cried my eyes out. I really loved Betty a lot and spending time with her. I miss her so much.

My younger brother John and his girlfriend Megan are both musicians and they live in Austin, Texas and both are in graduate school studying music at the University of Texas and were both asked to sing at Lady Bird Johnson's Funeral. My mom called me to tell me about Don Henley singing at the funeral and said that John had gotten an email from someone a few days before Lady Bird died saying that someone prominent was going to die soon funeral and if John and Megan would be available to sing at the funeral.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetHolly
    This week has been very sad here in Terre Haute, Indiana where I'm visiting my aunts. David, who is one of the custodians at the school where my aunt Sarah teaches at, lost his mother on Monday morning so I've been spending a lot of time with his family and my aunt Sarah is really close to him and all of his family. The funeral was yesterday and it was so touching and I cried my eyes out. I really loved Betty a lot and spending time with her. I miss her so much.

My younger brother John and his girlfriend Megan are both musicians and they live in Austin, Texas and both are in graduate school studying music at the University of Texas and were both asked to sing at Lady Bird Johnson's Funeral. My mom called me to tell me about Don Henley singing at the funeral and said that John had gotten an email from someone a few days before Lady Bird died saying that someone prominent was going to die soon funeral and if John and Megan would be available to sing at the funeral.
    First, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you can find comfort with you family.

I'm not sure that I understand what you're saying in the second part - were your brother and his girlfriend part of the University of Texas Chamber Singers that performed at the funeral? If so, what a honor for them.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by SweetHolly

I'm not sure why Don Henley would sing at Mrs Johnson's funeral. Both Texans, yes,but what other connection is there?

I just read a report from the Houston Chronicle and all it said was that a song was sung at the end. Henley was not mentioned.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Holly - I am sorry about your bad week.

The funeral service for the former first lady is not until tomorrow and the burial is not until Sunday, I believe. Besides being a fellow Texan and a wonderful singer, Don is also an activist Democrat so that may be why he would be asked to sing at the funeral.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

The funeral ceremonies began today and extend until tomorrow (Saturday). Today, they had the Chamber Singers perform and people were able to view the casket at the LBJ Library.

I had not heard Don Henley would perform there. It's possible, but honestly, I'd be very surprised. This isn't a funeral for Princess Diana here, this is one for an old-fashioned first lady.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

And I would have thought the Democrats Don supports now are rather different from the Democrats led by President Johnson who escalated the war in Vietnam. What I read on the Houston Chronicle's website must have been about the casket viewing.