Page 10 of 268 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: What's happening in your life? 11/06-08/08

Oops, that was me. I forgot to sign in.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I wondered who the Guest is.

I did that once this morning, too, but I had the power to delete it, lol. We'll all have to get used to logging in now !

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

In Germany it's raining all day. I planned to go to our Christmas market but decided against it. So I will have some hot punch at home.

I bought the new TV guide yesterday. I was curious about the program on New Year's Eve. Every year they broadcast/show (don't know the english word for it) concerts the whole day. Last year they showed concerts of T-Rex, Peter Frampton, Toto, The Eagles , Seal, Doobie Brothers, Queen, Rolling Stones, Earth, Wind & Fire and and and...

Our party starts on 8 pm so I can watch it during the day. I'm really looking forward to see Pink Floyd! Here is a little list for this year:

Green Day: Bullet in a Bible
    Cream: Live at the Royal Albert Hall
    The Black Crowes: Freak'n'roll
    Michael Bolton: Live
    Peter Cetera & Amy Grant: Soundstage
    Cyndi Lauper and Friends: Decades Rock Live
    James Taylor: Live at the Beacon Theatre
    David Gilmour: Live at Robert Wyatt's Meltdown
    Chris Rea: The Road to Hell and Back
    John Fogerty: The Long Road Home
    Bonnie Raitt and Friends: Decades Rock Live
    Bruce Springsteen: The Seegers Sessions Live
    Johnny Cash: Live at Montreux
    Simply Red: Live in Cuba
    Ricky Martin: MTV-Unplugged
    Elton John: The Red Piano
    Destiny's Child: Live in Atlanta
    Tina Turner: Live in Rio '88
    Robbie Williams: A Close Encounter
    Anastacia: Live at last
    Barry Manilow: Music and Passion - Live from Las Vegas
    Pink Floyd: Pulse
    U2: Vertigo - Live from Chicago
    Coldplay: Live in Canada
    Depeche Mode: Touring the Angel - Live in Milan
    Gwen Stefani: Harajuku Lovers Tour
    The Black Eyed Peas: Monkey Business Tour
    The Pretenders and Friends

Wow, that's an impressive showing for the evening - Bruce Springsteen, The Pretenders, Pink Floyd... This isn't a channel we can access on Sky, is it?

Which Eagles concert did they broadcast last year?

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

I doubt it, GEF. The channel is called 3SAT. Usually I don't watch this channel, only 3 times a year when they broadcast the concerts. They do this every year on holidays.

Last year they broadcasted FW1. HFO was in 2002 and 2004.
    No new material, no Eagles.

Today began the annual Cursing of the Cookies. Every year Mom, Sis and I get together to bake a bizillion cookies. That day is tomorrow. We also all make two or three additional kinds on our own and bring them to share on Cookie Day. So I was in the kitchen at 7 am foolishly expecting everything to go smoothly.

The cursing didn't really reach a high point until I realized that I couldn't find the decorations for the cookies and that I had put the first batch in the oven without setting the timer. By the time I had my fourth cup of caffeine, I had calmed down enough to only want to throw the cookie gun across the room twice. (Those Zen readings are really making a difference for me!)

But all is well and the cookies and candy are ready to take to Sis's tomorrow. That's tomorrow morning when I have to leave the house at 6 am to pick up rolls at the Italian bakery, drive 45 minutes, pick up Mom and drive to Sis's where the cursing will resume.

One of the best memories of all this is that when things would get loud and ugly in the kitchen, Daddy used to come in singing "Happy Holidays!" Hey, who do you think taught me to be a wise ass?
    I am not an island
    I am not alone
    I am my intentions
    Trapped here in this flesh and bone

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    It's a pity it hasn't been cold and rainy in Perth! (For those of you who don't follow cricket, England are being handsomely trounced by Australia, who are playing superbly, and have a bowler called Glenn!)
    The cricket is far too one sided. Glenn McGrath is good, but I don't like it when Australia is so dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling
    In Germany it's raining all day. I planned to go to our Christmas market but decided against it. So I will have some hot punch at home.

I bought the new TV guide yesterday. I was curious about the program on New Year's Eve. Every year they broadcast/show (don't know the english word for it) concerts the whole day. Last year they showed concerts of T-Rex, Peter Frampton, Toto, The Eagles , Seal, Doobie Brothers, Queen, Rolling Stones, Earth, Wind & Fire and and and...
    Quite an eclectic channel! I don't even get VH1 Classic in Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by Z
    Today began the annual Cursing of the Cookies. Every year Mom, Sis and I get together to bake a bizillion cookies. That day is tomorrow. We also all make two or three additional kinds on our own and bring them to share on Cookie Day. So I was in the kitchen at 7 am foolishly expecting everything to go smoothly.

The cursing didn't really reach a high point until I realized that I couldn't find the decorations for the cookies and that I had put the first batch in the oven without setting the timer. By the time I had my fourth cup of caffeine, I had calmed down enough to only want to throw the cookie gun across the room twice. (Those Zen readings are really making a difference for me!)

But all is well and the cookies and candy are ready to take to Sis's tomorrow. That's tomorrow morning when I have to leave the house at 6 am to pick up rolls at the Italian bakery, drive 45 minutes, pick up Mom and drive to Sis's where the cursing will resume.

One of the best memories of all this is that when things would get loud and ugly in the kitchen, Daddy used to come in singing "Happy Holidays!" Hey, who do you think taught me to be a wise ass?
    Sounds like quite a time. I've been busy making Cookies too - with that French reciple - NestlayTollhuus.