Page 102 of 268 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2672

Thread: What's happening in your life? 11/06-08/08

Nancy, I feel your pain. I spent five days with my family--including my mother and several cousins, some of whom I haven't seen in years--at the beach before our trip to see Don last week and by the time I was with you, I was feeling the very same way. Let's just say I really needed a concert or two as a pick-me-up! I don't know why it is that families, the people you share blood ties with, can be so insensitive and thick-headed sometimes. I have found that I am actually closer to my friends these days than my extended family (not my husband and daughters, who have actually been pretty good about this Don thing).

You are a wonderful person, so don't let anyone make you feel insecure!

Stuck on the Border

First off, Nancy, having met you in person, you're certainly not fat -your sisters are just skinny.

When I got married, I was thin. My sister-in-law (my eldest brother's wife) on the other hand was super skinny. When we were looking at wedding gowns, my SIL turned to me and said, "If you want to, you can wear my wedding gown -I was fat when I got married so it should fit you."

I agree with Michaela -that photographer could stand to learn some manners.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hey - love those license plates!

And all of these family experiences that you are all talking about make me realize why I love my family so much. Big asses just run in my family - no one is spared no matter what you weigh. Therefore, these topics of weight, figures, dress sizes, etc. are avoided at all costs.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Hey - love those license plates!

And all of these family experiences that you are all talking about make me realize why I love my family so much. Big asses just run in my family - no one is spared no matter what you weigh. Therefore, these topics of weight, figures, dress sizes, etc. are avoided at all costs.

I've had enough bad Karma this week-so I didn't want to add that these days my sister in law is dragging around a mighty lotta junk in her own trunk. And every time I see her, I can't help but smile.

Be kind to me Karma!

I wanted to add that with all of my complaints about family, I'm actually very lucky. My sisters and I threw my dad a retirement party tonight (he is retiring from his position as Vice President of Yanpet Petrochemicals in Saudi Arabia). It was a huge hit and many of his friends came. Some of these friends actually go back to 1967, and one of them goes back to 1960. I spent about 40 hours putting together a little slide show for him detailing his life from 1942 until now set to music (and yes I did include an Eagles tune - I used Take It Easy as the backdrop or the photos from 1972-1976, which was when I was born). Anyway, after making the movie and listening to all the tributes and reflecting on everything, I realized that I have one of the best dads - and families - in the whole world, despite all their "issues," and I love them very much.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Aw, Nancy, what a nice person you are to organise that for your dad, and how talented to make that slide show. At least that makes up for your grim experience at the photographers! I just don't get why the skinniest people always have to go on about how fat they are, and then tell me I don't need to lose weight.

Molly, you are forgiven for a gentle swipe at your SIL after such a tactless comment when you got married. (I like that phrase 'junk in the trunk'!!)

Nancy, will your parents came back to Texas now your dad is retiring, or will they still live in Dubai for part of the year?

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Sounds like a wonderful retirement party for your Dad Soda! Congrats to him and how nice of you to make the movie. I think that kind of thing is really neat!

As for family, they can be great and they can be awful. I've got both in my family, too. I have 2 brothers and 1 sister. None of us are close. We just never have been. My younger brother was the closest and he has alienated himself from all of us. I have tried really hard to get along with my sister (the spoiled baby) and she is just impossible. My older brother and I do actually like each other! And then, my hubby has 9 brothers and sisters and they all (except 1)get along just great! Go figure!

On a happier note, hubby and I were sitting out on our deck last night and I noticed we have a new resident in one of my birdhouses:

I guess I'll have to call it a froghouse! He actually came out of it and was crawling around on the deck later and now today he is back in it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Your dad's retirement party sounds wonderful, Nancy.

Brooke, I love that picture of the frog!

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Sounds really cool what you did for your dad's retirement.

I always revert to "daughter" mode when they're around, naturally, and find myself being ashamed to drink alcohol in front of them and visiting the boards in secret because they don't approve of the Eagles.
    You're kidding... Sorry, that's too funny.
    My mom is like a good friend so she knows almost everything what I'm doing. And she loves the Eagles as well as Keith Urban.

Brooke, how funny. Is the frog still there?

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    First off, Nancy, having met you in person, you're certainly not fat -your sisters are just skinny.

When I got married, I was thin. My sister-in-law (my eldest brother's wife) on the other hand was super skinny. When we were looking at wedding gowns, my SIL turned to me and said, "If you want to, you can wear my wedding gown -I was fat when I got married so it should fit you."

I agree with Michaela -that photographer could stand to learn some manners.
    Before I respond to anything else I've missed over the last few days , I need to respond to this: I'm so sorry you had to experience such an awful, insensitive remark! I can just imagine how you must have felt. When I was in high school, a school beauty pageant was held annually (I ended up performing at it during my final year, as I've mentioned elsewhere on these pages). One day, while I was waiting in the morning queue outside before we were allowed into the school building, some of the girls were discussing the pageant. Out of the blue, for no apparent reason, one of them suggested I enter the pageant, and as I pulled a face, knowing myself that I was hardly beauty pageant material, the girl burst out laughing . Well, I felt very small, to say the least, and pulled a cross face to hide my embarrassment. Yes, I was somewhat overweight in those days, but there was no need for that sort of sarcasm. Anything to belittle me...

These days I'm much slimmer than I was, although I've put on a bit this year! I'm working hard, though - I need to be thin when Glenn sees me in the front row at the Eagles concert I'll be attending!

Soda, that photographer was just awful towards you . From the photos I've seen of you on this site, you are certainly not fat. Just because you are not petite, it doesn't make you any less attractive. I thought photographers are supposed to make you feel better about yourself!

Dreamer, I enjoyed your post on the big butts running in your family!

GEF, you were wondering why the skinniest people are always going on about how fat they are. Are they fishing for compliments, perhaps? Trying to feel better about themselves in the company of "bigger" people? Shame, I have to feel sorry for them - so shallow. There's so much more to life than being skinny.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down