Page 168 of 268 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2672

Thread: What's happening in your life? 11/06-08/08

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I need to check when it starts here. I WANT to know!

Quote Originally Posted by rcknalwys
    Mrs Frey, we're going to have to get you a tshirt! I had a collection at one time, then my house burned down and I lost them, so getting these were an extra treat. I've got one more I'm still looking for, it was from HFO with a pic of all the guys in a field, will probably find it on eBay eventually. Looking forward to hearing about your NYE gig.

I'm so of your WalMart's good taste in music. Mine only had one copy of the deluxe edition, which I bought of course. I keep checking for more but they STILL haven't brought any in. I did a little "rearranging" myself, they had most of the other Eagles cds in the bins of other artists, so of course I had to fix that!

Good luck to all of us in our endeavor to get back in shape. It's hard work but someone has to do it!
    Becky, I'm sorry to read that your house burned down. I can't imagine how traumatic that must have been for you and your family. I'll tell you all about the NYE gig in a separate post.

As for the LROOE Deluxe Edition, it's not available in any of our local stores, from what I've seen.

I started my exercise routine on Monday - I did an intensive 15 minute workout (I used Glenn's "Love In The 21st Century" and also "He Took Advantage" as workout music ), and I was fine until the next evening. Suddenly my right inner thigh decided to get really sore. Yesterday, I managed to walk to work fairly normally, but then the muscle got cold. I hobbled around most of the day, and I'm still hobbling around. Now my hip and back are also painful because of the awkward way I'm walking!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    I saw this on a t-shirt once and I love it. "I'm in shape. Round is a shape!"

We are having the weirdest weather here in Wisconsin! Just a few days ago it was a whopping zero degrees. Today it was 60 degrees! We've had thick, thick fog (becausethe warm air is touching the cold snow covered ground ). Yesterday, there was a 50 car accident near our capital city of Madison with a few people being killed.

Today, with the warm weather, we've had thunderstorms, hail, a lot of wind and lightning and a number of tornados touching down about an hour south of me-apparently doing a lot of damage. It's January!! We never have these kinds of conditions this time of the year!
    Highlighted text: That is funny, Molly! I remember hearing a disc jockey on one of our local radio stations saying that about himself!

On a more serious note, to you and Katherine, I'm sorry to read about the car accident and the life threatening weather conditions you have been experiencing. I hope you will all be okay.

GA, TBSF, Dreamer and Soda, you have had "Strange Weather" indeed. Cape Town has had some uncharacteristic rain for this time of year, but it's back to the 30 degrees celcius and above mark today. The wind (known as the South Easter or Cape Doctor) has been really awful, blowing at up to 50 knots on occasion. It's particularly bad where I work. The only consolation about the wind though is that when it blows, it's not so hot. On days like today, when the wind is minimal, the heat is pretty unbearable. Due to air conditioning, I don't feel it in my office, though.

Well, I've been threatening for some time now to tell you all about my New Year's Eve gig, so here goes:

My day started at 16:15, when I left my house to meet my bandmates for the upload of the equipment. We got to the Yacht Club, where the function was held, at 18:00, and we proceeded to set up our equipment. We commenced at 21:00 and finished (or I finished) at 02:20. We were supposed to finish at 02:00, but an Irish lady, after we had performed a special song for the English members of our audience for New Year's ("Green Green Grass of Home"), asked us to do an Irish song for her. It just so happens that I can play "Wild Mountain Thyme" , and proceeded to play it for her solo (just my rhythm guitar and vocal), as the band had not practised it. The dance floor had cleared by then, as we had announced we had finished our show, but a few returned for the song. The Irish lady was so emotional that she cried, and even gave me a little tip, which I refused, but to no avail.

I also danced a with a nine-year-old girl between sets (we play CDs during our 15-minute breaks), who had been watching me for most of the night. I went to meet her family after we danced, and her grandmother told me that she had been fascinated with my guitar playing, as she had just been given a guitar as a gift.

I was extremely touched by the above two events, and it made the evening very special for me. All-in-all, the gig was very well received by everyone, who danced the night away and sang along to our selection of songs. I arranged the set list so that we started with "Tequila Sunrise", and we also included "Lyin' Eyes" (to which people danced up a storm!) and "Hotel California". A young man who is an Elvis fanatic asked one of my bandmates if we knew either "Teddy Bear" or "Return To Sender", and he then consulted with me. I told him I knew both, and would perform the latter for him, as I sang it better. As my bandmate was announcing what we were going to do, I quickly worked out the chords! I don't recall I'd ever tried to play the song, even though I've always sung along with Elvis and know the song extremely well. The band joined me in drips and drabs as I played, but everyone responded well - I think we should add it to our repertoire!

I'm going to be brave and post two pics of myself from my open air gig on 22 December. They will be up for a limited time, so I hope you all get to see them. Please excuse the size of the pics:

Here I'm having a Glenn Frey/Elvis moment... The passion, you know...

Enjoying the responsive crowd.

I have more news, which I will share with you soon!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well it sounds like you did a fantastic job on New Years Eve MF and well done. How nice of you to sing for the Irish lady who was present, and also the little girl. Who knows, you may become her idol. I'm sure she'll remember for a long time to come.

Yes! Definitely add RTS to your repertoire. I'm sure it would go down very well, and it is one of the better known Elvis songs too, so I'm sure would be popular at gigs.

Finally you looked fantastic doing the earlier gig. Of course my first reaction was 'God she must be frozen', then remembering that of course in South Africa Christmas and New Year occur in the middle of summer!

(I've been dying to use that emoticon for ages!!)
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Just in case anyone who messages me using my personal email is wondering at my silence......my email appears to be down for the moment . I can send but not receive!! So don't think I'm being rude if I don't reply. I'll log on later if you want to message me here and I'll let you know when I'm up and running again. Strange weather here. May have affected the satellite or something
    It seems to be back running ok now. Hopefully it will stay that way!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Mrs. F, you look great and it sounds like it was a wonderful night all around!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Mrs. F - Your pictures are lovely. I'm glad your gig went well and it sounds like you may have gained a few new fans. You go girl!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Becky, how awful to hear about your house. I can't imagine to lose all my personal effects. But all that matters is no one was injured!

Molly, it's getting worse with the climate change and that's only the beginning.

Mrs. Frey , it was about time that you post a photo of yourself. You look beautiful! I'm glad to read that your gig went so well and you enjoyed yourself so much. Seems your voice made a good recovery.

Thanks for telling us about your gig, MF - sounds like it was quite an experience! How lovely that you could play Wild Mountain Thyme for that lady. Glenn-love once again comes in handy. You look great!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten