Page 266 of 268 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268 LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 2672

Thread: What's happening in your life? 11/06-08/08

wow guys I've missed so much.

Soda - congrats again.

SH - I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother

DF - Sounds like you had alot of fun

I've spent the last 5 days in PA (most of my family is there) Friday we went to Kennywood and had alot of fun. Saturday was a Commumity Day thing in the little town that I grew up in there was food and live music. There was this guy who sang and played guitar and he did a cover of "Lyin' Eyes" which was pretty good. Then on Sunday myself, my best friend and my aunt and uncle went to see Poison and Dokken. They were both good (I think Dokken was better) but what was really cool was that while they were setting up for Poison they played Joe Walsh. All in all it was a pretty good weekend.
    Any kind of love without passion
    That ain't no kind of lovin' at all

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

DF, your new profession as back up singer is really cool! A agree with dreamer, A Star Is Born!

Sounds like you had a lot of fun!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

DF, fabulous! Maybe you will sing someday as backup with Don!
    Sounds indeed as a lot of fun!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Stuck on the Border

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, this Summer has been...ummm...interesting. I hope everyone is well and wish everyone the best!

I've been lurking somewhat, but needed to take an "Eagles break" to concentrate on some other things that have been going on. The new, close-by concert announcements have me excited once again.

We've had everything happen in my family the past few weeks from people leaving home, people coming back home, Peter getting robbed, another relative being diagnosed with cancer, a corporate take-over where I work, a much anticipated baby's arrival, my oldest son, Tom, breaking up with his girlfriend of 3 years, Zoe's medical problems, my mom's illness, my mother-in-law currently in the hospital, an impending divorce...Whew!

You know, the usual! But, things will look up, as they always do! I look forward to staying more in touch with my Border friends!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Glad to see you back Molly. Hang in there! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now and I hope everything goes better than expected for you and your family.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by SweetHolly
    My grandma died a couple of weeks ago. I'm really sad. I miss her so much and I will always cherish the great memories I had with her.
    I'm so so sorry, SH. I wish I could do or say something to comfort you, but I know that there's nothing anyone can do to dull the pain. My thoughts are with you.

It was my mother's birthday yesterday, and I had a tough day. She's been gone for 2 years and 5 months now, and it doesn't get any easier without her.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    You will never believe what I ended up doing Friday night. My friend Lisa & I were invited to be backup singers for a little cover band that was playing on the patio at that local pizza joint in our neighborhood. Chris, Reed, & Bill, the band guys, are really nice and longtime friends of ours--Chris lives across the street from Lisa & her hubby David--and they knew we liked to sing, since we both sing in the church choir & have been friends for years. When they first suggested we sing with them, we just laughed bec we didn’t really think they would follow through. When they called and said they actually had booked a gig, we were so surprised! They rehearsed about 20 songs, and picked two Eagles songs for us to sing on—How Long and Already Gone. Lisa & I had a three hour band practice with them the night before the gig and I came home almost hoarse. It was really fun, and I have a new appreciation for what "real" bands go through. We must've sang How Long 25 times as the guys adjusted the mics, the speakers, & the sound over & over. They even split Lisa & me up on separate mics then decided we sounded better sharing a mic singing next to each other. I felt much more comfortable that way too--she is an elementary school music teacher and a much better singer than me. She really didn't really know the songs that well so she was learning her part from scratch, and it was a little harder for me bec I have sung the melody on these songs for so long that I am really had to work to remember to sing the harmony part. I was singing Don's part and she was singing Timothy's part a third higher than me.

Friday night we were very nervous, but all our families & friends were there to support us so we had a few beers, loosened up and just had fun with it. Everyone clapped so hard so us that we ended up going back up at the very end of the night to do an encore of How Long. We ended up having a really good time!
    Woo hoo hoo DF! I am so proud of you, girlfriend! That is absolutely wonderful. I would love to have been there to support you (and maybe even join you! ). Those are terrific songs to sing, and two of my favourites too. I've only heard one band locally cover "How Long", and when I heard it, I nearly had a heart attack! I got so excited that I literally ran to where the band was playing (I had been sitting in a section cordoned off from the band) and just danced around excitedly. I couldn't believe it!

I saw a band last Friday night play "Get Over It", which was also a great thrill for me. Needless to say, I was dancing up a storm and singing along too! The lead singer is an acquaintance of mine and I was hoping he would call me up to do the song, but he didn't! We actually jammed on the song two months ago, at a friend's house.

We played quite a few gigs last month, but don't have anything more lined up yet. We did four gigs in a row at a cycling arena from 12 to 16 July, with each gig scheduled for one hour. The third day we played our gig lasted 20 minutes, as the organisers of the international cycling event were at pains to get the racing schedule back on track, as they were running late. The idea was that we play for the spectators during the break time each day. It was somewhat impersonal, because the spectators were sitting so far away from us, but a few people approached me afterwards giving me some really positive feedback, most of whom were from Australia. We also conducted a Karaoke competition during the course of proceedings, and although entrants were few and far between, it turned out to be a lot of fun. I stood by to assist the singers when they got lost, but most of the time my help was not needed. Two of the cycling commissaires on duty were the judges, and they handed out medals for the three winners (well, there were only three participants, LOL!).

On a more personal note, one of the aforementioned cycling commissaires asked for my number...

On 25 July we played for the local yacht club's "Christmas In July" function. That was a four and a half hour affair, which was extremely successful and a joy at which to play. The crowd was one of the best I've ever played for. Simply fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    When I got my degree it was presented by the late and great Queen Mother in the Royal Albert Hall, and was completely nerve-racking.
    Wow, GEF, that is very impressive indeed! I can imagine how nervous you must have been!

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    DF, that sounds like you had a great time, both rehearsing and singing! Now you know why the tickets to the Eagles gigs cost so much........ all that pre show dedication
    Yeah, and our show was free & all I got paid was free pizza & beer!
    DF, welcome to the world of "paying your dues"! We've played some gigs where we played for free for so-called "exposure" and had to pay for our meal too!

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    Sorry I haven't been around much lately, this Summer has been...ummm...interesting. I hope everyone is well and wish everyone the best!

I've been lurking somewhat, but needed to take an "Eagles break" to concentrate on some other things that have been going on. The new, close-by concert announcements have me excited once again.

We've had everything happen in my family the past few weeks from people leaving home, people coming back home, Peter getting robbed, another relative being diagnosed with cancer, a corporate take-over where I work, a much anticipated baby's arrival, my oldest son, Tom, breaking up with his girlfriend of 3 years, Zoe's medical problems, my mom's illness, my mother-in-law currently in the hospital, an impending divorce...Whew!

You know, the usual! But, things will look up, as they always do! I look forward to staying more in touch with my Border friends!
    Oh my gosh, Molly! It seems you and your family have been to hell and back over the last while. I've been thinking about you and wondering why you were so quiet. I'm really sorry for all the hardships you've had to endure and seemingly will still endure. My thoughts are with you. I'm glad that you've been able to visit us, and hope that you'll make it to an Eagles concert soon to help cheer you up a bit.

I've been quite down lately, which is why I've been a bit quiet myself on these pages (and why I've had so much catching up to do!), but I realise that I'm not the only one with problems and issues, and should be grateful for what I have. Life can get depressing and lonely sometimes, though. Sometimes I feel that nothing works out the way I'd like it to, despite putting a lot of effort into everything, especially relationships and friendships. One cannot go through life alone, but it seems that people are so busy these days that they just don't have time for me. I have my own things to do, but I feel that we need to make time for each other, otherwise what are we working for? Without having people in our lives to love and care for us, material wealth means nothing.