Page 267 of 268 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268 LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 2672

Thread: What's happening in your life? 11/06-08/08

Molly, my thoughts are with you as you continue to cope with all the difficulties in your life.

Mrs F, thanks for your kind words. I enjoyed singing with that little band more than I expected to, and I am looking forward to doing it again sometime. It really was fun. I am glad you have had some interesting gigs lately--and I know it must be great when the crowd really appreciates you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Without having people in our lives to love and care for us, material wealth means nothing.
    Well put, and SO true!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, Molly, now I understand why you have been quiet around here! I hope all these things work out for the best and life will get back to some kind of normal soon.

Mrs F, I'm sorry you are feeling a bit down at remembering your Mother's passing. Keep your chin up and keep on keepin' on.

I've had a bit of an upset myself. Our son moved home last winter and now has moved back to his college town with his girlfriend. (We actually figured that his move home would either make or break the relationship.) We expected it as he was missing her so much, but just thought he would tell us ahead of time. He went down there last Friday to job hunt and we thought he would be home as usual on Sunday. As it turned out, he has had interviews this week and has decided to just stay! I think he just couldn't come out and tell us and found it easier this way! Kids! Especially grown up kids!!! You know, you think that when they get out of college and have a job that they will be out of your hair. Well, you never know! But, no matter what, we love them and will always be there to help when needed.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Brooke-I dread those days coming up!! My kids went back to school today, son's senior year of high school and daughter's sophomore year. I can not believe that I am a mother of a senior and the days of them wanting to "get out" will be soon upon us. Kind of mixed feelings about it all. Want to see them move on and do what they want to do in life but also scared to death to let them do it!!

Mrs F-I know what you mean. Life's been a little rough around here also and it seems sometimes life just isn't gonna get better before it gets worse and that no one is there or understands. Thank God for the people in our lives that stick beside us thru it all and somehow get us thru it!! They may be few at times but they are the most important ones also.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan
    Kind of mixed feelings about it all. Want to see them move on and do what they want to do in life but also scared to death to let them do it!!
    I know exactly what you mean.

When they go off to college it helps with the worrying. Out of sight, out of mind, I guess. Somewhat. Yes, you still worry, but I guess the daily comings and goings aren't witnessed first hand. If you don't know what they are doing, you don't know to worry! KWIM?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Molly! I did miss you and guessed you were BBF! I hope all the issues in your life sort themselves out soon. We are all thinking of you and know you will come out a stronger person at the end of everything.

Meantime there are a few gigs to look forward to
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Doesn't time fly Brooke and TBF! I'm sure you can remember so clearly when your kids were at my kids stage!! I hope Brooke that your son finds a job that he enjoys and that he and his girlfriend have a happy life together. TBF I hope your kids do very well in school this year. My daughter is into jher fourth year in primary and my son starts on Monday 1st September! A new era!

But I can understand how you both feel as they spread their wings
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I can't talk with you all about that, I only can say: Time flies! I'm starting in college this year (August 25 my first day) and I can remember the first day at High School as it was like yesterday! Didn't have a great time there, but I can remember it.

Brooke, I hope your son really finds soon a job and that everything would be back to normal!
    TBF, hope your kids are going to make it great this year at school!
    GA, I'm hoping that your kids will have a great time at school!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Molly, I hope everything would be soon getting OK! I'm thinking of you!

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: What's happening in your life? 11/06-08/08

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    Hubby doesn't know it yet, but we're going to the symphony for our anniversary. This should be fun! It's been years since we've seen the MSO (Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra).

Aggrrrhhhh! They've cancelled this show due to "travel restrictions". There go our anniversary plans.

Default Re: What's happening in your life? 11/06-08/08

Awh Molly! That's so sad to hear!
    Hope you both find something to look forward too!