Page 55 of 268 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Thread: What's happening in your life? 11/06-08/08

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

You're a very lucky, Soda. Your students deserve to get tons of chocolate!

I don't post very often in this thread because I'm already glad to catch up reading all other posts here. But I got great news today:

The husband of my US aunt were waiting for a new kidney for almost 2 years. They had 2 kidneys for him in the past but they didn't match perfectly so they decided against a transplantation. So he had to go to the dialysis three times a week which made him very sick. This is why I gave up my plan to come to the US this year to see the Eagles. But this sorted itself out.

A week ago a lady came into the hospital and said: I want to donate one of my kidney. Just so. The doctors made all the necessary tests quickly and found out that kidney would match to 100 %.
    So he got the surgery on Thuesday and the kidney is working just great! You can imagine we are all so happy about this.

He can write to her and after one year he can meet her if she wants to. God bless her!

Michaela, that is such good news. What a saint that lady must be to make such a sacrifice, and how wonderful that it was a good match. I hope your aunt's husband makes a speedy recovery and can soon resume a normal life.

Nancy, your students sound even better for their response, and I bet they appreciated the chocolate!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling
    I don't post very often in this thread because I'm already glad to catch up reading all other posts here. But I got great news today:

The husband of my US aunt were waiting for a new kidney for almost 2 years. They had 2 kidneys for him in the past but they didn't match perfectly so they decided against a transplantation. So he had to go to the dialysis three times a week which made him very sick. This is why I gave up my plan to come to the US this year to see the Eagles. But this sorted itself out.

A week ago a lady came into the hospital and said: I want to donate one of my kidney. Just so. The doctors made all the necessary tests quickly and found out that kidney would match to 100 %.
    So he got the surgery on Thuesday and the kidney is working just great! You can imagine we are all so happy about this.

He can write to her and after one year he can meet her if she wants to. God bless her!
    Wonderful news!!! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Wonderful news, Michaela. Hopefully, your aunt's husband will make a steady progress and live a wonderfully healthy life.

Your story is a good reminder of how important it is to consider donating organs.

This has been quite the week for me...

First I had the oppurtunity to go to an all expense paid hotel here in the same city for a few days.. so I took a mini vacation filled with swimming, hottubs, saunas, food and generally rest and relaxation!

Then on Thursday, you might say everything came crashing down... I was having a great time when I got word that at my workplace (a phsychatric facilty) there had been a major problem!

Thursday morning about 5:45 am a fire broke on the 3rd (top) floor of the residence. Needless to say the 3rd floor of the house has been damaged badly with one room being totally destroyed. Thank heaven all the residents were able to get out safely! I went in to work today to see if i could help out. It was a chaotic day with many people now residing at different homes and the legnth of time for repair unknown.

So that is the adventursome few days of TF!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Good grief, tf! After such a wonderful time, chaos!

Glad everyone was ok at least!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

You poor thing TF, At least the main thing was that no-one was hurt. Hope you are all recovering, ad after such a nice few days too!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Kath, what a week you've had. It must have been wonderful at the hotel, but what a worry about your workplace. Thank goodness everyone was safe, but it's going to be difficult for you with all the residents scattered around.

I woke up yesterday and found that I had chipped off a bit of tooth (ugh - my worst nightmare!) Luckily they managed to fit me in at the dentist, and it only needed a filling so it's all sorted now, but I'm £95 worse off! (Perhaps I can win it back on the Grand National today!)

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    Wonderful news, Michaela. Hopefully, your aunt's husband will make a steady progress and live a wonderfully healthy life.

Your story is a good reminder of how important it is to consider donating organs.
    Sorry for having to play "catch up' here, but it has been a very busy and stressful week for me and I haven't been able to spend a lot of time on the board.

Molly - you are so right about donating organs. Bless those people who do this. Michaela - I will keep your aunt's husband in my thoughts. Please keep us posted on his progress.

And Kath - I'm so glad to hear no one was injured in the fire, but boy - what a scare that must have been.

And Kate - good luck with that filling. I chipped my front top tooth several years ago, and have had to have the filling replaced twice because it keeps falling out after a while. I know how you feel - just throw your hands up and say "oh well - it's just money!"

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks everyone for your support and words of encouragement It really helps!

I should say, there was one injury. One of the residents did suffer smoke inhalation and is recovering in hospital. But it could have been MUCH worse!