Page 13 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol

Default Re: American Idol

My thoughts on tonight:

Von Smith - He has a good voice, but I just can't get into him.

Taylor Vaifanua
    - I thought Taylor did good, but the judges hated on her. I don't get it!

Alex Wagner-Trugman - Alex seems like a sweet guy and has a good voice, but he was trying too hard to be sexy. And failing.

Arianna Afsar - Poor thing. Young, sweet, beautiful, lovely voice... but she messed up that Abba song. Reminds me of Stevie Wright (although she didn't do as bad as Stevie). You know they can do better!

Ju'not Joyner - Great voice but boring performance of "Hey There Delilah."

Kristen McNamara - she didn't sell "Give Me One Reason." I wasn't feeling her at all, even though she hit the right notes.

Nathaniel Marshall
    - ::CRINGE:: this guy was as big a drama queen as Tatiana, and his performances are so over the top it's almost unwatchable. The Olivia Newton-John headbands don't help. America, don't you dare vote this guy further!

Felicia Barton - She rocked! My favorite girl tonight. She may not have been letter-perfect, but she really sold it (unlike Kristen) and her voice is distinctive. Go Felicia! The fact that she was initially cut and only brought back after that other girl was disqualified might get her the "irony vote."

Scott MacIntyre - I wasn't overly impressed by his Hollywood Week, but he did great here. I don't begrudge him a spot in the Top 12 if he makes it.

Kendall Beard
    - She was good, but nothing special.

Jorge Nunez - I love the song "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" so I was excited to see if he'd do it justice. He did well! Great voice! I like Jorge. I thought the judge's comments about his accent were pretty condescending, though.

Lil' Rounds - I thought she was a bit overhyped during Hollywood Week, but like Scott, she pleasantly surprised me - although the last note sounded a bit off and her "call this show" lyric change was tacky.

For those who want to rewatch - check out http://www.rickey.org/ - that's where I got caught up!

My predictions for the top 3: Scott MacIntyre, Lil' Rounds, and (I hope) Felicia Barton, but it could be Jorge Nunez instead. Whichever one of those doesn't get it has a good chance at a wild card.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

My favorite that I saw last night was Felicia, but I didn't get to see the first half of the show. I'll try to catch up with your link. Thanks for that.

I liked Jorge and Lil, but I thought the judges overdid it with them.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Once again Soda, thanks for posting their names.

No standouts for me last night, and I guess I'm a little disappointed that there doesn't seem to be a rocker this year (well, Adam, I guess).

Best of the bunch for me were

Ju'not - I like the way he held back
    Kristen -there's something about her voice I like
    Felicia - she's got the look, very pretty, good voice
    Jorge - good voice, just not my style
    Lil - see Jorge, above

I'll predict Lil, Scott and Felicia (I really have no idea this week!)
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Hey, how do you like that? The shows halfway over and I've gotten 2 out of 3 right. Let's see if I can get a clean sweep!
    ~ Cathy ~

Well, I couldn't believe the crop of "wild cards" included Tatiana as a unanimous choice, according to the judges! Do you think they did this for some sort of ratings ploy, or do they really think that she is among the top 8 singers of the remaining crew?? Oh, brother! On the other hand, my whole family 'whooped' when Simon announced Anoop! I've liked him from the beginning, which is not true of Simon (despite what he said tonight.) When Anoop first auditioned, I remember Simon making some sort of comment about his attire being uncool. And I'm sure Willie will be happy to hear that Jesse Langseth has a new chance to make it as well. Actually, other than Tatiana, I thought the 8 they chose as wild card fodder were appropriate.

I was very happy with Scott, Lil, and Jorge making it straight through.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Yea Jesse!! I really do like her voice (not just because she is Jonny's sister!)
    He sings it high, he plays it low

So much for Tatiana being misundersood during Hollywood week. From the looks of it last night she is up to her usual hysterics. She must have been on some good downers that one night (kidding...)

Can I just come out and say it? I don't think America would have voted for Scott if he wasn't blind. I just don't think he's that good of a singer.

I'm glad to see Jesse get another chance - the judges said it was a last minute change. I know it makes some people on here happy, and I like her voice, too.

For my sake, I'm glad they gave Megan another shot. I just hope these singers pick better songs!
    ~ Cathy ~

I totally think they included Tatiana for drama, as she wasn't THAT great. And I think Scott will get a "he's in because he's blind" backlash and get voted out fairly early, but we'll see.

I like the wild cards in general (for those who don't know they're Von Smith, Jasmine Murray, Ricky Braddy, Megan Joy Corkrey, Tatiana Del Toro, Matt Giraud, Jesse Langseth, and Anoop Desai). My only disappointment is the exclusion of Felicia Barton from the Wild Cards after she wasn't sent through by America. She was excellent - far better than Tatiana - but the judges never really seemed to get into her. Remember, she was left out of the initial 36. Boo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    My only disappointment is the exclusion of Felicia Barton from the Wild Cards after she wasn't sent through by America. She was excellent - far better than Tatiana - but the judges never really seemed to get into her. Remember, she was left out of the initial 36. Boo!!!!
    Yeah, but Paula especially seemed to like her Tuesday night. Remember, she said "I hope you're here next week and the next week and the next week..." Maybe that was the last minute change - guess we'll never know.
    ~ Cathy ~

True... oh well.