Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol

Default Re: American Idol

Why be embarrassed? It's not everyone's cup of tea.

It's too early for me to pick a fave yet - we'll see!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    This is almost embarrassing to admit, but I have almost never watched American Idol. I don't watch television hardly ever, and when I do it is either sports or news channels.
    Lol Dreamer, you sound like my husband! (No offense!)
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - you know me, Soda. I'm not really embarrassed because nothing hardly embarrasses me - but it does make me feel kinda 'old'.

ETA: Well, apparently PM and I were posting at the same time. At least I wasn't embarrassed until she compared me to her husband.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Dreamer, you're just in the nick of time to get in on this season - c'mon, all the cool kids are doing it!
    Last edited by Prettymaid; 01-29-2009 at 07:30 PM.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hmmm - maybe I'll check out the schedule, and give it a look so I can be cool too!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Aww Dreamer you are already cool in my eyes

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Hmmm - maybe I'll check out the schedule, and give it a look so I can be cool too!!!
    Oh me too.

I have watched it a few times, but never regularly. I usually wait till the last few shows to see the winner. I do the same thing with Survivor anymore. But you all make it sound better than I thought, so maybe I'll give it a try. Are they done with auditions yet?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

I haven't checked out AI yet. I usually just start watching towards the end. The first season I watched religiously but after that my interest started dwindling. I did get into it towards the end last year because of the David Cook Madness (our radio stations could not stop talking about him). I'll have to check it out. Are there are any 'standouts' yet, this year?

American Idol is big here in Birmingham because we have had so many winners--Ruben Studdard, Bo Bice and Taylor Hicks are all from here. I watched a little of the auditions this season but I don't really like to see the train wrecks--I usually wait to watch until they have picked the core group of talent.

I've become a fan mainly because American Idol is literally the ONLY show that our entire family has ever watched together--and I'm not much of a TV watcher. The other 3 family members far surpass me in total TV hours watched per person per unit of time. I'd much rather read, or "work" on the computer . American Idol appeals to both of us adults, as well as to both boys--ever since the younger was 6 years old. His entire first grade class would talk about it in class the next day with his teacher, who was also hooked!! Now my older son is almost 13, and we still all watch together...so how can I give it up?? I became interested near the end of the season when Bo Bice and Carrie Underwood duked it out at the end; and have watched it every season since. I think Carrie is extremely talented, as is Daughtry and David Cook. I think this season promises to be the best so far. I actually think Kara, the new judge, is the most contemporary in terms of musical base, and will lend a lot in that regard. I've also heard that they are bringing back the Judges' Wild Card (which must have been something they used before I started watching)--where the judges can bring back someone the audience has voted off. That, apparently, is how Clay Aiken returned to capture 2nd place---he had initially been voted off by the audience, but then the judges brought him back on a wild card. You can bet that Daughtry would have benefitted from that option, had it been available in his season!!