Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol

~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Default Re: American Idol

Adam reminded me of Steve Perry a bit!

Another person who impressed me was Jasmine. Too bad about her group, though. I felt sorry for the blonde girl especially.

Not to be negative, but that Tatiana girl who is always laughing manically and making kissy noises (the one who tried to change groups)? I hope she goes home soon! She is already getting on my NERVES! And I thought all of "Team Compromise" should have been sent home, as well as the entire "Action Squad" with their botch job of "Don't Stop."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I also really like the male music teacher with the spiky hair and glasses in the acapella group that opened Hollywood group night (White Chocolate.) He lost his wife a couple of months ago, and he is there with a good buddy of his. His voice and persona are quite appealing.

He's my favorite too EV! He's a cutie, seems like a sweetheart (I got teary eyed when they first introduced him and he shared his story!), and man can he sing! He has that rasp and soulful sound that I love!

*edited to say - wait.....maybe that's not the one I'm talking about. lol The one I'm talking about didn't sing in the first group, white chocoate.....he sang either after them or a couple of groups later but it was acapella. Hmmmm....thinkin' now lol

I know Maleah, it's hard to keep them all straight right now! Believe me, if it weren't for this thread I wouldn't know any of their names yet!
    ~ Cathy ~

Osmond says he got the boot due to laryngitis:

"An Osmond Kicked off American Idol"

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Hey guys! Just thought I'd pop in here and respond since I have to admit American Idol is one of my 'guilty pleasures'!

Two of my favs so far are also Adam and the guy who lost his wife (would have to go look up his name). I think they both could go really far in the competition.

I too hate all the drama.... Bikini girl? Ick! Tatiana - the laughing hyena - Double Ick!!!

I'm anxious to see how the blind guy does. If I remember, he sounded pretty good. I think I saw a clip of his next solo performance before the judges and I think he's playing they keyboard.

There was also a girl there from Cincinnati, Ohio - in my neck of the woods - and I think she went to Hollywood but didn't see if she made it through or not.

I think sometimes some of the contestants get an unfair advantage because they already have so much camera time BEFORE they get to the final twelve. For instance - you can be pretty sure that Adam will go to the final twelve - but he's already gotten so much camera time that he already has fans.... (which is good for him - but not so much for some of the others who will be in the final 12 that we haven't even seen yet).

Between watching the Bachelor on Mondays, and AI on Tues Weds and sometimes Thurs - I'm a complete couch potato!!! (Just wait til Survivor and Amazing Race starts!) I'm hopeless!

In reading about some of the finalists, I see where some of them have already put out past albums, or have toured with successful musicals, or have been seen on television shows.I know this isn't the first year for this, but I'm curious what you all think. Is that fair, or should they all be 'unknowns'?
    ~ Cathy ~

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah View Post
    He's my favorite too EV! He's a cutie, seems like a sweetheart (I got teary eyed when they first introduced him and he shared his story!), and man can he sing! He has that rasp and soulful sound that I love!

*edited to say - wait.....maybe that's not the one I'm talking about. lol The one I'm talking about didn't sing in the first group, white chocoate.....he sang either after them or a couple of groups later but it was acapella. Hmmmm....thinkin' now lol
    There can be only one guy who's young wife died a month ago, who is a music teacher, and who is going through each round along with his friend (who is a middle school band director, I think.) He definitely sang acapella, and I'm 90% sure the group went first, but I could be wrong. We'll have to touch base again when they have the top 36, and at that point I bother to learn their names!!

Bikini Girl was a loser, IMO, from the word 'go'. However, even if she never progressed past her first audition in the bikini, she knew exactly what she was doing...she kicked her modeling career up several notches, I'm sure, with each successive episode. Didn't matter that she couldn't sing to save her life, and her personality was as witchy as it gets. I guess you could say she was not one of my favorites.

CM...in regards to the blind singer, I also remember him being quite talented, so I'm looking forward to his next performance.

PM, I think the only stipulation is that they don't have a current recording contract. However, I definitely prefer the performers that come from nowhere to shine. But I guess that so many talented singers (from bar bands, or stage musicals, etc) audition that it's inevitable they are selected.