Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newark, NJ 5-25-08

Default Newark, NJ 5-25-08

Thanks to Becca for the best M&G that I have ever been to. Perfecto! ILAA could take a few pointers from her on how to run a well organized VIP fan event that's for sure.

And, also, thanks to Joe for taking the time to personally meet with us, share his thoughts, answer our questions and sign our pictures. But the best part for me was sharing a peck on the cheek with the magic man himself. Joe sure knows how to treat his fans right. He not only saw to it that we had drinks and muchies but he also gave everyone a LROOE Tour 2008 ball-cap, a tour wrist band and a Joe Walsh 2k8 guitar pick. After the show one of the roadies gave me one of Timothy's new LROOE 2008 blue guitar picks. Timmy didn't hand any out during the show for some odd reason. But, all in all, I had one stellar night. Like I said, I think it was Karma. Thanks ILAA for screwing me over at Indio otherwise I might never have had the best Eagles experience of my life last night.

The concert was like one big frat party and shouts of Jersey Joe and Montclair High School resounded through-out the arena. Henley had a smile as big as Texas and thanked the crowd for inviting the band to "your party."

Henley got so into it that he pulled a Glenn Frey, spewing spittle all over his face which he gleefully whiped off with the back of his left hand as he turned to Walsh signaling him to 'take it to the limit one more time.' Joe of course willingly complied bringing down the house for the umpteenth time leaving us breathless, bedazzled and bewitched!

The band did two encores and gave us three solid hours of music that took us on a magical mystery tour down dark desert highways inhabited by Witchy Women with Lying Eyes sometimes Taking It Easy sometimes Taking It To the Limit on The Long Road Out of Eden. Their vocals were spot-on perfect, their moves refreshingly spontaneous, and every crystal-clear note a timeless expression of the muse within the spirt that is the Eagles.

I didn't take any pictures. Sorry but front row does have its price. I had a security guard and Don Henley looking right at me most of the night. I wasn't about to press my luck.

Two thumbs up!

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalNow

Out on the Border

Meet and greet with Joe and front row concert!! WOW! Lucky lucky you. Glad you had a gret time.

Default Newar 5/25

I know. The craziest thing was how the kiss came about. It sure left me mystified.

I was the last one in line and Joe came up to me, looked into my eyes, smiled, said hello and without any preamble, leaned into me and the next thing that I knew we were pecking each other on the cheek. It was very magical and left me wondering why me? He didn't kiss anyone else although he did hug a few other fans including one guy who was almost in tears talking to Joe. Don't know what that was all about. Some of the other fans got bitchy about it later but I could care less. I've seen it happen to other fans who get attention from stars at shows whether it's the Eagles or not. I'm sure I will be gossiped about by these same ladies but who cares.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalNOw

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - Carol-Lynn. Sounds like you had the time of your life. Good for you. And I can vouch for you - getting a kiss on the cheek from an Eagle is an awesome, surreal experience, isn't it!!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

WOW, WOW, WOW C7L!!!

Firstly, thanks for your awesome review - you write like an old pro', girl!

How wonderful that Joe kissed you - oh, be still my heart! My love for Joe is growing by the minute! I suppose the man talking to Joe was probably just overwhelmed in his presence. I can understand how he feels...

AND you had Don in front of you all night! Sigh...

You didn't need to take any pictures - your review conjures up all sorts of images in my head. Oh, I'm so happy for you!

Dreamer, I'm not sure of whom I am more jealous - you or C7L for the kisses you got! I'll admit that I'm probably more jealous of you, with Glenn kissing you and all!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Default Newark

Thanks for the compliment Mrs. Frey. I've been writing since I was a kid and at one time, years ago, I used to write free-lance concert reviews for our local paper. That was when I was decades younger fired up with the false bravado of youth. Oh, well down the road not taken are the dreams we've forsaken......Hope I can get back on track again now that I'm close to retiring and will have more time to write. Thanks again! You're too generous. But I love it!

And, Dreamer, I bet you can still feel the kiss too! WhooHoo. Joe is fast becoming my favorite too.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalNow

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

How cool Carol!! I personally hope everyone that was grumbling about the attention you received are gossiping and still talking about it, they are just !! The memory will be with you forever!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by carol7lynn
    The band did two encores and gave us three solid hours of music that took us on a magical mystery tour down dark desert highways inhabited by Witchy Women with Lying Eyes sometimes Taking It Easy sometimes Taking It To the Limit on The Long Road Out of Eden.
    Ha! I love it! Thanks C7L for an awesome review!

Front row center with Don or any of them in front of you had to be heaven!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Dang, what an experience!!! Thanks for sharing the details with us. I bet it'll take you a LONG time to come down from that one!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Newark

Nancy,

Next week at this time you'll be reporting on your own Eagles experience. My high is pretty well leveled off. Anxiously await your review of the Hard Rock Park concert to re-inflate me! Take plenty of pics!

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalNow