Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newark, NJ 5-25-08

Stuck on the Border

Thank you for sharing your review with us, Carol-Lynn. We appreciate it.

Default Re: Newark

Quote Originally Posted by carol7lynn
    Thanks for the compliment Mrs. Frey. I've been writing since I was a kid and at one time, years ago, I used to write free-lance concert reviews for our local paper. That was when I was decades younger fired up with the false bravado of youth. Oh, well down the road not taken are the dreams we've forsaken......Hope I can get back on track again now that I'm close to retiring and will have more time to write. Thanks again! You're too generous. But I love it!
    It's a pleasure, C7L. I'm not surprised that you have writing experience. It shows in the way you write. Keep entertaining us with your talents, girl!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

A KISS Carol7Lynn? I'm so jealous!

Default Re: Newar 5/25

Quote Originally Posted by carol7lynn
    I know. The craziest thing was how the kiss came about. It sure left me mystified.

I was the last one in line and Joe came up to me, looked into my eyes, smiled, said hello and without any preamble, leaned into me and the next thing that I knew we were pecking each other on the cheek. It was very magical and left me wondering why me? He didn't kiss anyone else although he did hug a few other fans including one guy who was almost in tears talking to Joe. Don't know what that was all about. Some of the other fans got bitchy about it later but I could care less. I've seen it happen to other fans who get attention from stars at shows whether it's the Eagles or not. I'm sure I will be gossiped about by these same ladies but who cares.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalNOw
    Omg that's so cool!!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Found this link to Newark photos. There are over 100 photos here, and they're well work a look. They can also be downloaded in different sizes.
    Enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kadath/...7605471814638/

Hope the link works!

LOL
    Steph

Thanks for the link - lots of nice backdrop photos!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yes and some lovely group pics as well. Thanks!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Out on the Border

Found this link to Newark photos. There are over 100 photos here, and they're well work a look. They can also be downloaded in different sizes.
    Enjoy.

Link removed cause of forum rules =)
    Thank you for the link and the kind words, I really appreciate the traffic! Please be my guest to use this pics however you like barring commercial use, as those are not allowed per the Creative Commons license that I have put them under or my understanding of the rules as posted by the Prudential Center. I wasn't sure if I would be allowed to take pictures or not that night, but a call to security was all it took and I was given approval so long as no commercial use would result. I took over 800 pictures and those on my flickr set were the best I could come up with.

I actually don't get a lot of hits on my pictures, you guys more than quadrupled what I normally get, per day, and it was only because of the awesome stat tracking info that Flickr provides that I was able to see where the traffic was coming from. =)

I gotta say that the Eagles sounded really tight and fantastic, as good as when I saw them at Coninental for the Farewell 1 tour. I dont know if was my seat or not but I wasn't really impressed with the acoustics there tho, I dont know if it did the band justice.

One last thing, I gotta say how stoked I am using the Nikon D300 and 18-200Vr lens. If you are in the market for a DSLR, please check it out, the results speak for themselves. If you know anything about digital photography you know that in low light noise is a major issue, and I was absolutely floored at how little noise there was in these shots and how remarkably well Adobe Lightroom smoothed out what little was there, and most were shot at ISO 3200 with a few at 6400.

Finally, I know this is a Glen Frey site, but JOE WALSH FOR PRESIDENT! =)

Sam from navesink dot net

Hi Sam, and welcome to the Border! It's really nice of you to let us view your photos. I was very impressed by the quality and sharpness. That's interesting that you found this site from the Flickr stats - shows how enthusiastic we Eagles fans are when it comes to new pics!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Out on the Border

Absolutely my pleasure. I was happy to be allowed to shoot there (the rules werent exactly clear, but security was a big help!) and even more happy to share what I got. The night was a big learning experience, I experimented quite a bit and wasn't expecting a whole lot given that I was about as far away as you can get from the stage. Many of the pictures are cropped a bit, and the strong spot lights blow out a bit of detail on many of them, but I think I was able to capture well what I experienced and inexpensive consumer quality lens used in these shots actually give a lot better look at the band than my naked eyes could.