Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546

Thread: JD Souther

Default Re: JD Souther

The crazy thing is how completely clueless I was about it. It's rather an ordeal to get up to Nashville to see JD because it's a heck of a drive (about 4 hours) and if you don't stay overnight - which I typically don't - that's 8 hours in one shot. The last time I went, I nearly fell asleep at the wheel on the way back. I decided to wait until he played Memphis to see him again, never even thinking he might play Tupelo. Then, I signed on to Facebook a few days ago - which lately I only do maybe once a week - and I get a notification about this!!! Well, for once, those things actually served a purpose, lol.

Really looking forward to seeing the show and meeting up with shun. I think tickets will probably still be available. It's general admission for two price levels, and I bought the upper level which still had seats available. That means I can still sit front and center if I'm early enough, lucky me!

I drop off my parents (who are currently visiting) earlier in the day, so I'm going to be rushing from Memphis to Tupelo to line up. Wish me luck!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

At least Memphis is not that far from you, Soda. Be careful in Memphis.

Same here. You beat me to the punch. LOL

I didn't know see that notification about JD being in Mississippi again, I would had missed it again like I did when he came to Pascagoula in October. I never thought he would even come to Mississippi. Just like Don Felder came to Mississippi, but I never thought in a million years he would come. Artists just don't like coming to Mississippi. For me, I would have to go to Memphis, Birmingham, Shreveport, New Orleans(which that's where artists go all the time) or Mississippi gulf coast to go to any concert. They are all a 3 hour drive for me. I have done the 3 drive hour to and from and it is hard.

I need to make sure I have JD on notification especially when he's in Mississippi.

I have two concerts I have to pay for on Friday. JD's and I found out on Friday(the same day I found out about JD's concert) that Marie Osmond is coming back to Mississippi. Thank goodness for getting paid on Friday and she still have a lot of tickets.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 03-11-2020 at 12:05 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I just read on the Facebook page where JD was performing this Saturday is postponed and rescheduled for August 15th. Fingers crossed I'll be able to go on that date, but I probably will be going.

I won't be able to see Soda, but once everything calm down, I probably will see her then.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - I'm not surprised, but it is disappointing for sure. I know we will all be glad when normalcy returns to our lives, but, as we always say 'better safe than sorry'.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I agree. Better safe than sorry.

I wasn't disappointed. I'm glad I didn't buy my ticket. I'm not surprised. I was more surprised it took so long. The festival that JD was going to play is still going to happen. With 4 cases now in our state, they should had cancelled.

I'm looking forward to the new date in August. Hopefully everything will be calmed down by August.