Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: JD Souther

Default Re: JD Souther

I think I've said elsewhere that my favorite track of Souther's is "Last in Love." Love the emotion in the vocal - plus, it's a beautiful melody.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Okay you guys.. this is seriously cool!!! got this from JD's mailing list...
    (no, it's not an invitation for me... its a contest!!!!! YAY!!!)

Be our guest at the 47th annual ASCAP Country Music Awards, Monday, October 19, at Nashville's legendary Ryman Auditorium.

Come join Team Souther, as JD will be honored with the prestigious ASCAP Golden Note Award. The ASCAP Country Music Awards is an invitation-only gala, and we would like to show our appreciation for your support by giving the fans a chance to share this special night with us.

The event will be a star-studded affair, and feature appearances and performances by the some of the top artists in country music.

If you're interested, here's what you do. Share with us your favorite memory associated with JD's music, and why you should attend. You can send audio, video, letter, or whatever way that you feel best expresses your story. Submissions should be sent to - teamsouther@projectdaybreak.com

The contest will begin today, Tuesday (9/29), and the deadline for submissions will end the following week (10/6). The winner will be notified on Wednesday, (10/7). At that point, you will have 24 hours to confirm.

The winner will receive 2 tickets to the award show and will enter the Ryman by walking down the red carpet. The winner will also get a meet and greet with JD before the show.

With the winner's permission, the winning entry will be posted on JD's website, and pictures from the award show and meet and great will be featured as well.

*winner will be responsible for all travel and lodging.

I already gave him a fan letter saying just that. Guess I'm out of the running!

Just got an alert that the live album release date will be pushed back to the 20th. Looks like its distribution will be primarily digital.

First of all, JD's new CD, Rain, is available for download from Amazon and soon from I-tunes. I just got it and the version of New Kid is incredible! I love it.

Second, the ASCAP Awards were the 19th and Jackson Browne presented JD with the Golden Note Award.
    Here's the CMT Coverage. There are some great pictures here as well.

Thought I'd post these shots of JD in October. I think they're awesome (and gorgeous.) I'm dying to see this man!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Wow.. JD looks fantastic.. I cant wait till he comes back to Portland

I just received an email that JD will be performing some East Coast shows during the month of January...a couple in CT, one on Long Island, one in Mass., and one in NJ!! If anyone is interested in seeing him on Friday Jan. 15 in Montclair, NJ, let me know...Stars? Dreamer? Anyone else "close?" The show starts at 8 pm. The venue is known at 'Outpost in the 'Burbs,' and it's a non-profit folk music community that utilizes 3 different sites (2 churches and the high school). They have JD booked in a church that holds 250 people, and the tix are $27.50 in advance and $33 at the door. I have no idea if a sell-out is likely...certainly possible in the town of Montclair...it's very artsy.

I'm excited to have learned about this folk music community center just now! The next weekend, they are featuring the Gin Blossoms, a group I really liked back in the late 80's/early 90's. I'm going to get myself on their email list...you never know who else might show up on their concert list in the future!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

OH by all means go!! its well worth it.. if you get a chance to talk to him, give him my regards *G*

Will do! Will he remember you by name? And wasn't it someone named Susan you were with? Or am I hallucinating about a different story you told?
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...