Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago Tour dates

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse
    I really want to go to one of these shows... but the ticket prices are freaking crazy! It's hard to find someone to go with me, because no one is willing to cough up that kind of money for two hours!

I have no desire to sit in the nosebleed section... I'm so torn on what to do. The broker prices are more outrageous than usual.

I love these guys, but the fact they set their prices so high bugs me!
    I hear ya. I have a good friend in Chicago who I hang with whenever I go there. I told her the Eagles were doing Chicago and, while she's not a huge fan, she agreed to go with me... until she found out the price. Then it was "Sorry, you're on your own!"
    I know what you mean. I couldn't find anyone to go see Keith Urban with me last month, (3 hours away) so I went by myself. I managed to get a great seat at the last minute and just had to go. I had a great time evenso, talking with diehard fans after I got there. But it was a lonely trip going and coming home.

My advice is GO. Even by yourself. You will not regret it. And if you don't you will be kicking yourself later. And spring for the very best ticket you can.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I would say go as well. Also see if anyone here is going that at least you could meet up with before and after the show if you are not seated near each other.

You can be sure anyway the you will be near die hard Eagles fans somewhere near to you and you should have great fun.

But as others have said, you'll regret it if you don't!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Ok everyone-tomorrow is my big day, I start my search for Chicago tickets!! Couple of questions-I am noticing on ebay Ticketfast tickets-what are these and should I worry about it? Also, has anyone ever had trouble getting tickets once you win them on ebay? I have always in the past just did the Ticketmaster thing and settled for what I got but after some of your advice about waiting awhile to see if I can get better tickets I thought I might try (if I don't have a panic attack before I get them!) And yes, after some of my previous post about fretting over the cost and justifying it--my husband and best friend told me the other night to get over it and get the tickets because it is our BIG 20th anniversary and we should do it right!! What a guy!!!! :P
    He sings it high, he plays it low

FANTASTIC, TBF!!! I hope you are able to secure GREAT seats!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Default Tickets

You GO TBF!
    I bought tickets off eBay for the Oklahoma City concert a few years ago for myself and had no problems. When the kids decided to go, we bought theirs at the ticket office and were able to get seats next to mine. Whatever way you get them...just GET THEM!!!!!
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

I tried to get Chicago tickets today and in spite of searching the INSTANT they became available, the best I was able to get was back floor (WAY back). I didn't buy it. Paying $185 for a seat where you have to peer over thousands of people on the floor in front of you in order to see the stage isn't happening.

I wasn't surprised, though. With not only I Love All Access but Ticketmaster itself taking front seats out of the public sale and scalping them as "Official Ticketmaster Platinum Seats", there's little left for the regular guy. At least ILAA has a goodie bag, dinner, and drinks! Ticketmaster Platinum Seats offer your nothing but a screw over.

I'll keep checking back.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    I tried to get Chicago tickets today and in spite of searching the INSTANT they became available, the best I was able to get was back floor (WAY back). I didn't buy it. Paying $185 for a seat where you have to peer over thousands of people on the floor in front of you in order to see the stage isn't happening.

I wasn't surprised, though. With not only I Love All Access but Ticketmaster itself taking front seats out of the public sale and scalping them as "Official Ticketmaster Platinum Seats", there's little left for the regular guy. At least ILAA has a goodie bag, dinner, and drinks! Ticketmaster Platinum Seats offer your nothing but a screw over.

I'll keep checking back.
    That's what I'm doing, Nancy. I'm hoping some of the luck other people seem to have getting fantastic last minute seats comes my way this time.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I DID IT!!!!!! I bought tickets and since I couldn't hold out and wait and hope for better, and ticketmaster came up with bad seats and then isn't even working at all now, etc.. I bought them on ebay!!!! Probably paid to much but oh well----I'm going to finally see Timothy and the Eagles!!! They are section 112, so on Timothy's side and right on the aisle which sounded good, for the 24th show. I would of liked to be on the floor but then I worried about not being able to see, my husband may be 6'2" but I am not!! Now lets keep fingers crossed that nothing happens between now and then to keep from going, 3 1/2 months is a long time, and you all know my record so far!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Way to go TBF! I'm so happy for you! You will have the time of your life!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Congratulations TBF! I know you will have the time of your life, and it will come quicker than you expect!! Well done!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP