Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago Tour dates

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm right there with ya, tbsf. I considered Chicago (5 hours away), too, but SURELY they will come to St.Louis (2 hours) or Kansas City (3 hours)!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

That's what I'm hoping although I have to say I'm nervous they will not

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

The Chicago dates are all that's scheduled for September. Surely there will be more in that area in September?

I wish they'd do it already-the whole list of dates. Why do they only set up a couple dates at a time? It's maddening!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I've been out of touch for a while... just curious, as I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything... how many people here are going to the Chicago shows and which day?

I still don't have tickets, but I plan I paying some outrageous price... I feel I have to see them!

I'm going to a Chicago show but I haven't decided which one yet - I'm basically holding out to see which one I can get a better seat for.

The other element I'm waiting to hear about is if Joe is going to do a meet'n'greet at one of the shows. If he does both, great. If he does one, I'll be going to that evening's show (you have to have a ticket to that particular night's concert to go to the meet'n'greet). The other possibility is that he will not do a meet'n'greet in Chicago - I sure hope that's not the case!

As soon as I know which show I'm going to, I'll post it here. But I'll definitely be at ONE of them!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse
    I've been out of touch for a while... just curious, as I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything... how many people here are going to the Chicago shows and which day?

I still don't have tickets, but I plan I paying some outrageous price... I feel I have to see them!
    I will be at the Wednesday show! I will be the one weeping hysterically because I have finally gotten to see them after 33 years! My husband has already warned me that if I do "lose it" he will act like he doesn't know me but my daughter told him that it is inevitable that it will happen as soon as they walk out on stage and I see Timothy for the first time in person. They really are a couple of smart a**es!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Default 1st timer

aw TBF, that is so great you are finally going to see the guys! I promise it will be worth the wait. And seeing Timothy will make your heart pound and the tears flow I'm sure. Can't wait to hear all about your experience, especially since it's your 1st concert. Take plenty of tissues so you don't have to use the sleeves of your hubby's shirt!
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

TBF, I could actually feel my own heart pounding again when I read your post. I thought I would cry at my first Eagles concert, but I ended up being too excited to cry. As you saw in my review, the tears came on the plane back to South Africa... I couldn't quite comprehend what I'd pulled off, and I haven't even been a fan anywhere near as many years as you have. You've been a fan more years than I'm old! Oh, I do so hope everything goes smoothly for you this time and that you have the best night of your life!

By the way, I love your family's sense of humour!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - it sounds like The Border is going to be well represented at the Chicago shows. And I can certainly empathize with all of you who had to wait a long time before seeing your first Eagles concert - I waited over 30 years myself. However, it was so worth it!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    TBF, I could actually feel my own heart pounding again when I read your post. I thought I would cry at my first Eagles concert, but I ended up being too excited to cry. As you saw in my review, the tears came on the plane back to South Africa... I couldn't quite comprehend what I'd pulled off, and I haven't even been a fan anywhere near as many years as you have. You've been a fan more years than I'm old! Oh, I do so hope everything goes smoothly for you this time and that you have the best night of your life!

By the way, I love your family's sense of humour!
    Yeah -they are a real hoot!!! The sarcasm in our family runs deep! Today at the hospital, I had left my mom's room for a couple of minutes only to come back in and hear my husband, my brother and my sister in law all talking about the concert and how I was going to react to actually being there. Apparently my phone had gone off and my Eagles ringtone had started the conversation. They are all totally convinced that I am going to lose it and taking bets on just when it will hit me. That was right before my brother leaned over my Mom's orthopedic bed and banged his forehead on the rail. Karma is a great thing!
    He sings it high, he plays it low