Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hard Rock Park, SC 6-03-08

Stuck on the Border

Sounds like the guys were having a lot of fun which makes up for the shortened version of the show.

dreamer, how cool that your niece and nephew got a handshake!

Nancy, I would have been right there with you on those rollercoasters!

Thanks for reading that mammoth review, guys!

MF, I agree that the setlist was unbalanced, but oh well. That's the way Glenn wants it, apparently.

Brooke, to answer your question, I think that is the same neon pink overshirt he wore at some F1 shows. It was a nice contrast against the black shirt and jeans, though, so I think it looked more striking than wearing it over a white T-shirt and blue jeans as he used to.

I really am a roller coaster maniac (sounds like you're one too, Molly!) I forgot to add my assessment of the Zeppelin ride: AMAZING. It had lots of thrills without being rough - the best part was the quick twist roll upside down. I loved it!

LITFL is a good roller coaster for those who prefer something tamer. The best part about it, though, was the Eagles music blasting from the speakers!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Cool review, Soda, thanks. And there I was last night, presenting our FY '09 budget to our board of directors. What I would've given to have traded places....

Seems like a bit of a bummer that there was a shorter set, though, particularly with the ticket prices for admission to the two "Grand Opening" nights. When I checked the Hard Rock Live theme park website it was somewhere around 500 bucks for the two days, right? Maybe not quite that much, but with the service charges I seem to recall it was somewhere in that outrageous neighborhood. And there was absolutely no info as to seating location or anything like that. Kinda weird. Although the Moody Blues are okay (I guess that show is tonight?), that act is just not of the same caliber at all, so I think the tickets were definitely overpriced for this whole affair. Maybe that's why the Eagles chose to not publicize this particular show on their official website. Almost like this was a "private gig" from their viewpoint. Just a guess.
    Chris

Stuck on the Border

MF, Glenn only sings 8 songs in the full show now to Don's 12. So really 5 isn't bad.

It appears that BOS, DL, Funk #49 are here to stay, forever, and that is the end of it. If anyone would prefer to hear songs like - oh, pick three at random - NKIT, TS and Already Gone.... forget it.

Also Glenn knows very well that Desperado was written in the same week as one of those songs he has dropped, not Lyin' Eyes.

Thanks for the reviews everyone.

Goodness gracious, DF and Soda: what fantastic reviews!!! The detail is amazing - thank you so much for taking the time to write them for us!

Joe is fantastic! That's all I can say. And I want to hug him. How wonderful for Dreamer's niece and nephew to have got the opportunity to shake his hand.

I LOVE Glenn's humour - he is so sharp, witty and funny. I still don't understand the stance the boys have taken against YouTube, but at least Glenn is careful not to offend the fans when he requests them not to film the concerts. Whatever their reasons are, I respect them. The fans still get to take photographs, which is special enough.

As for Glenn giving himself such a small ration of the lead vocals, I don't understand that either, but as you say, Soda, it seems that is what Glenn wants, so I respect that too.

There is so much that I've picked up from the reviews of the shows in the States that was missing from the London shows. Perhaps they feel more comfortable on home turf, and are able to loosen up more. I really enjoyed Don's reference to "Y'all" - really funny! And Tim introducing Glenn - GREAT! I love the idea of them introducing each other - I wish they'd done that in London. It's something small, but it's special.

Soda, I'm sorry your view was obscured, but glad that you, Dreamer, DF and the family had such a great time in the end. With the effort you all make, you deserve it!

FP, I HEAR you, girl...

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

A ticket for the two-day event was $250. That included two days in the park, parking, two concerts, one free meal, two drinks, free food and drink during the opening night concert, and a goodie bag--a Hard Rock drawstring backback--with a Grand Opening t-shirt, a HR coffee cup, a HR pin, a little book about the park, and a Led Zepplin HR poster (if only it had been an Eagles poster). That is a pretty good deal!

Just to add a bit more from my perspective--my daughter & I were standing a bit to the right of Soda and we had a much better view. A burly guy in a wifebeater and cowboy hat stood in front of us, and when he turned around we saw he had the script "Eagles" tattoo on his left arm---another hardcore fan. I bet his ears were ringing from our screaming by the time the concert was over! Anyway, the entire show, though short, was great, and my daughter loved her first Eagles show.

One last note--I went in the Guest Services area and there is a framed, custom-painted picture on the wall behind the counter of the Led Zepplin roller coaster with Led Zepplin and The Eagles in the front two cars!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    A ticket for the two-day event was $250. That included two days in the park, parking, two concerts, one free meal, two drinks, free food and drink during the opening night concert, and a goodie bag--a Hard Rock drawstring backback--with a Grand Opening t-shirt, a HR coffee cup, a HR pin, a little book about the park, and a Led Zepplin HR poster (if only it had been an Eagles poster). That is a pretty good deal!

Just to add a bit more from my perspective--my daughter & I were standing a bit to the right of Soda and we had a much better view. A burly guy in a wifebeater and cowboy hat stood in front of us, and when he turned around we saw he had the script "Eagles" tattoo on his left arm---another hardcore fan. I bet his ears were ringing from our screaming by the time the concert was over! Anyway, the entire show, though short, was great, and my daughter loved her first Eagles show.

One last note--I went in the Guest Services area and there is a framed, custom-painted picture on the wall behind the counter of the Led Zepplin roller coaster with Led Zepplin and The Eagles in the front two cars!
    Sounds great!

About that picture. Did you take a picture of it, DF? I'd love to see that!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Sounds fabulous!
    Yes me too, I'd love to see it!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

R.I.P.

hey great review soda and you other ladies, it really is the little things they do between songs that I like to hear about, I would have started crying when I found out it was a shortened set, but you made the most of it, seeing them w/ out the suits is a treat, hope to see you guys in DC in July, its homecoming for Stuey, bring it on, the show is on a Saturday, and there are 3 DC area airports to find a cheap fare to, best bet: Southwest into BWI.

Z
    should I stay or go, or should I do some blow.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks for posting the review girls. Sounded like y'all had a great time there. I suppose what the Eagles show lacked in quantity it certainly made up for in quality. Any pics? I'd love to see Glenn in neon pink again, and it sounds like they were in great form.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP