Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hard Rock Park, SC 6-03-08

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hey everyone - I'm home from Myrtle Beach, and as is usually the case when I travel, I am very tired. But it was all worth it. We had a great time, as Soda and DonFan have already told you all about. In spite of being short (about 1 hr. 45 mins.), the show was awesome as the guys were in very good spirits. As usual, I have to gather my thoughts to see if I have anything to add to Soda's and DF's awesome reviews. A couple of things I wanted to let you all know. My nephew took tons of pictures and we will get some of those posted as soon as possible. In addition, he and my niece were, of course thrilled to get to shake Joe's hand. Hmmm - not a bad deal for their very first Eagles concert. And then to top it off, yesterday, my niece and nephew were back at the park watching a man play one of those games where you try to win something by tossing a round ring and getting it to land around the neck of bottle. My niece and DF's daughter had played the game on Monday because you could win an acoustic guitar or the grand prize was an electric guitar. We joked that if they won one, that all of the Eagles were going to have to sign it. Anyway, my niece started talking to the man and telling him that she had played yesterday (and I'm sure she may have also told him that she shook Joe's hand ). He was very nice and let her toss a few of his rings. It turns out that he was one of the park's promoters. When he started tossing again, low and behold, he got a ring around a bottle that was required to win an electric guitar. When they asked him which guitar he wanted, he turned to my niece and asked her which one she liked best. She, of course, picked the pretty pink one that she had admired the previous day. The man told them to give him the pink one. When they gave it to him, he turned around and handed it to my niece, and told her it was hers. Park promoter or not, I thought that was a wonderful, kind gesture. It goes without saying that she is thrilled. She said she wants to learn how to play her guitar like Glenn Frey and Joe Walsh. Of course, she is also plotting her next move - how to get her guitar signed by all of the Eagles. Hell - who knows - with her luck, it just might happen.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Wow, Dreamer!!

I wish I could have joined y'all. It sounds like all of you had a great time.

DF, thanks for your extra information and news! You did indeed get a good deal! I must ask you, though: what is a "wifebeater" ( that question sounds funny!)? Please excuse my ignorance.

Dreamer, how wonderful for your niece! That really is fantastic!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Dreamer -what a great story about your niece! I bet she was thrilled and really has a story to tell now!! I envy people that have luck like that!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Donfan, dreamer and Soda, thank you all for such great reviews. I really envy you seeing the guys in such a relaxed setting. Joe walking through the crowd and shaking hands with your niece and nephew, dreamer, how cool is that? And then to be given that guitar - how wonderful! Great to hear about the coasters too - it's definitely going on my must do list!

MF, in answer to your question about 'wife beaters', I've posted a picture in the Eagle Hotness thread. It's what Don is wearing.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Cool news about your niece getting the guitar, dreamer. I bet she was just thrilled!

Funny about the wifebeater (sleeveless undershirt). My son came home from college a few years ago and told me he wanted some wifebeaters. I looked shocked and asked him what he was talking about and he explained. I told him I didn't think that was a very nice name for them! I'd never heard the term before!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Dreamer, I'm delighted you had such a wonderful time and that your niece and nephew did as well. What a wonderful prize your neeice won I'm delighted for her.

I suppose you could always take it to pebble beach in February......Just a thought

I'm dying to see the pics!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Cool news about your niece getting the guitar, dreamer. I bet she was just thrilled!

Funny about the wifebeater (sleeveless undershirt). My son came home from college a few years ago and told me he wanted some wifebeaters. I looked shocked and asked him what he was talking about and he explained. I told him I didn't think that was a very nice name for them! I'd never heard the term before!

They make a version for girls as well. (The armholes are cut a little higher for obvious reasons.) I cracked up when my daughter asked me to buy her some boy beater shirts. :P

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Too funny, PLS!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Dreamer, that is the neatest story. I bet your niece was speechless; I know I would have been. I know she will love it. I got a Fender Strat about a month ago and I really enjoy playing it. It's a great stress reliever.