Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hard Rock Park, SC 6-03-08

Out on the Border Screamin` Eagle's Avatar

Default "New Kid In Town"

Well, I officially feel like I'm the "New Kid In Town". Not that I'm new to the excitement of the Eagles as I've always loved the Eagles before, & not that I'm a kid anymore (since I'm 41, but who cares; "Sum41", some not), but I think I'm quite hooked now. I'm "Screamin'Eagle", the mentioned nephew of "Dreamer". I'm glad to be a part of this site & forum. Yes, the ladies have provided everyone with some great details of the Eagles' Hard Rock Park Grand Opening Extravaganza Concert. Some things have been left out from the concert and trip in general (not necessarily by mistake or intentionally) and I'll be posting that info soon; certainly by Saturday! You will finally get the man's perspective! The biggest thing left out so far is of course, the PICTURES!

I've been going over the pictures so that they can hopefully be categorized to coincide with the song title or vocalist, do some cropping so you may view the best result possible (for your pleasure), & omit those with blur, etc. (since those darn Eagle members & accompaniment move so quickly). From the two cameras used from my household, we took over 200 concert pictures (and over 600 total over the three-day trip) so I think we should at least have at least a few good pictures?!?!?!

The three of us family members arrived back home in Virginia near Midnight on Tuesday. I guess Dreamer drove a total of about 700 miles for the whole trip but the drive seemed so simple; it was like "Life In The Fast Lane". Y'all know the song "Sweet Virginia Breeze", well, I think we left that breeze in Myrtle Beach because today it was 100 friggin' degrees Fahrenheit in the Richmond, VA area. However, during our drive home, our living area was plagued with tornado sightings (one touchdown) & cyclonic air masses. Fortunately for us, we only encountered minor sprinkles during our drive. Gladly, I heard no reports of injuries for those that did receive some tornado damages. While in Myrtle Beach, we had breezes of 10-15 mph and temperatures of around mid to upper 90's(F) and lows in the lower 70's(F).............a tad warm but just lovely and clear. However, the park did greet us with some short light showers for the first 30-60 minutes.

While I was setting up my screen name this week, I was contemplating between Screamin'Eagle (the name of our dog kennel and also for the fact that the word Eagle is in it so I thot that was appropo) & RunOn (not trying to associate with the TV character ReRun on What's Happening from the 1970's) due to that fact that I'm like that Energizer Battery Bunny when it comes to talking & typing. I'm sure my first few entries will be lengthy but hopefully for your benefit. I hope to have much much shorter future entries. When entering my location, I was tempted to put "Never Never-Land" as a feed from Metallica but this is an Eagles website for God sake! So, I did the proper & put Chesterfield, Virginia.

To establish further clarity, I am Dreamer's nephew by my marriage to her niece who shall remain nameless at this time. Dreamer's niece that went to the concert is actually her great-niece, my daughter, Erika (I guess we can call her HorsePlay or Eaglett since she loves horses, and is a devoted younger Eagle fan; she will be twelve tomorrow (or maybe it is already tomorrow where you are, June 6th)) and her favorite Eagles band member has always been Joe Walsh; same as her dad. This all made the electric guitar gift & meeting Joe Walsh even that much more spectacular and special. Those are great gifts in itself. However, her best birthday gift must be mentioned; it was from her aunt (great-aunt) Dreamer; a weekend trip to Myrtle Beach which enabled her to skip school for a few days, her first venture into the Atlantic Ocean, a theme park grand opening, and her first major rock concert ever, not to mention, given by her favorite band of all time.

Long Live The Eagles!

Just too busy being fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    One last note--I went in the Guest Services area and there is a framed, custom-painted picture on the wall behind the counter of the Led Zepplin roller coaster with Led Zepplin and The Eagles in the front two cars!
    About that picture. Did you take a picture of it, DF? I'd love to see that!
    Yes, I took a pictures of it, and I will be glad to post them--and the pictures my daughter took, too!

Well, we are happy to be home again. I have a copy of a review from one of the Myrtle Beach papers I will post, along with our pictures, when I have a chance to go through them.

Welcome Screamin' Eagle--glad you have joined the board! It was great fun hanging out with you, Dreamer, Erika and Soda at the Hard Rock Park.
    Please tell Erika that my daughter and I are thrilled about her guitar-- and too!

Out on the Border Screamin` Eagle's Avatar

Default Correction............

Myrtle Beach temperature highs were mid 80's to about 90(F).

Just too busy being fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    MF, in answer to your question about 'wife beaters', I've posted a picture in the Eagle Hotness thread. It's what Don is wearing.
    Ooh, thanks GEF! How thoughtful of you!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Funny about the wifebeater (sleeveless undershirt). My son came home from college a few years ago and told me he wanted some wifebeaters. I looked shocked and asked him what he was talking about and he explained. I told him I didn't think that was a very nice name for them! I'd never heard the term before!
    Brooke, it seems you're not the only one who'd never heard the term before!

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister
    Cool news about your niece getting the guitar, dreamer. I bet she was just thrilled!

Funny about the wifebeater (sleeveless undershirt). My son came home from college a few years ago and told me he wanted some wifebeaters. I looked shocked and asked him what he was talking about and he explained. I told him I didn't think that was a very nice name for them! I'd never heard the term before!

They make a version for girls as well. (The armholes are cut a little higher for obvious reasons.) I cracked up when my daughter asked me to buy her some boy beater shirts. :P
    I love your daughter's sense of humour, PLS!

Quote Originally Posted by samo
    Dreamer, that is the neatest story. I bet your niece was speechless; I know I would have been. I know she will love it. I got a Fender Strat about a month ago and I really enjoy playing it. It's a great stress reliever.
    A Fender Strat? Now THAT is really cool. We need to get together and jam some time, Samo!

Default Re: "New Kid In Town"

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Eagle
    Long Live The Eagles!
    Oh ABSOLUTELY, Screamin' Eagle! Welcome to The Border!!! I was thinking, while reading your post, that you've inherited your aunt's sense of humour, but then you explained that you're married to her niece! Well, for what it's worth, you and Dreamer are a lot alike.

I really enjoyed reading your lengthy post - hopefully you won't shorten your future posts! I'm glad you had such a great time at Hard Rock Park - I'm sorry about the strange weather you encountered, though. It must have been quite scary.

I'm sure looking forward to your photos! I LOVE photos! When I went to see the Eagles at the O2 Arena in London, I only had time to load two reels of 36 exposure film (yep, I'm still using analogue equipment! ), so I didn't get quite so many photos! Still, I was surprised that we were allowed to take photos (it was opening night), so I'm not complaining!

Long may you post!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Welcome Screamin'Eagle and I cannot wait to see the pictures!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low