Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Crosslake, MN 6-14-08

Quote Originally Posted by AzEaglesFan
    I went on the EaglesBand.com to see what they had to offer. I have wanted a tour book after seeing some of the pictures you have posted. I'm confused(nothing new) about the two different things offered. I "think" one is just a poster (gold colored) and one is the actual tour book(red). Is $20 a good price for it ??
    My tour book is kind of dark gold. I'm not sure what the difference is between that and the red one. I think it's worth $20; it's got some very nice photos in it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

The gold thing has a guitar on it. It appears to be a poster as AZ said.

I will not be buying a tour book until I see the band myself. I do have to have something to look forward to.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yes I agree FP. I was lucky in that I got one of the first tour books released as I attended the first gig. But I don't think I'd buy one before the gig if I'd any chance of going. Its part of the build up and the fun!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

They sold that gold poster with the guitar on it at the Atlanta shows, but I didn't buy it. (I have the Randy Tuten poster with the guys on it , and I like that much better.)
    However, I did buy the tour book, which was dark red. Yes, a lot of the pictures are the same as the pictures in the LROOE CD, but there are a few new ones. What I really liked was the new fold-out in the middle of the tour book. It has several new color pictures of the guys on stage wearing their suits, plus a complete discography including all the Eagles' work plus the guys' solo work. Plus it has a number of black & white photos of drums, drum sticks, their guitars, and part of a set list that has hand-wirtten guitars beside many of the songs. It is hard to read the writing but I think How Long has "Buddy Guy Strat" beside it, and In the City has "Carvin Q."

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for the information DF. So I really do have something to look forward to when I see them and buy the tour book.

And I have the Randy Tuten poster as well, complete with signature, and I love it more than any other piece of memorabilia I have, just about.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Thank you so much for all the information. I knew I could count on you. I'm going to go ahead and order the tour book, it doesn't look like they are going to get this way anytime soon.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    They sold that gold poster with the guitar on it at the Atlanta shows, but I didn't buy it. (I have the Randy Tuten poster with the guys on it , and I like that much better.)
    However, I did buy the tour book, which was dark red. Yes, a lot of the pictures are the same as the pictures in the LROOE CD, but there are a few new ones. What I really liked was the new fold-out in the middle of the tour book. It has several new color pictures of the guys on stage wearing their suits, plus a complete discography including all the Eagles' work plus the guys' solo work. Plus it has a number of black & white photos of drums, drum sticks, their guitars, and part of a set list that has hand-wirtten guitars beside many of the songs. It is hard to read the writing but I think How Long has "Buddy Guy Strat" beside it, and In the City has "Carvin Q."
    This newer version sounds even better than my London one! Hopefully the boys will be back this side of the pond in the new year and I'll be able to get my hands on one!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Thanks for the information DF. So I really do have something to look forward to when I see them and buy the tour book.
    I agree-something to look forward to--counting the months, weeks, days...I'm so giddy already I can't imagine what I will be like by September-my family will be ready to move out. Every time we have music going in the house, car etc, if an Eagles song comes on, I turn to anyone standing there and say "did you know I am going to go see them?" My family just rolls theirs eyes!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

LOL, TBF!

Don't worry, we know how you feel. Enjoy the feeling - it's wonderful escapism.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Thomas Sullivan wrote more about his experience at Crosslake on the Storytellers Blog.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten