Thread: Almost Famous

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Almost Famous

That's not true Soda... I didn't see where Crowe used quotes from Glenn in the dialogue.

I have the Directors Edition of the movie & he says nothing about Glenn in it. There is no mention of Glenn or the Eagles in it.

So Topkat, despite several interviews Crowe has done where he specifically refers to Glenn you still refuse to believe this? I will leave it to Soda to give the examples of the dialogue quotes.

This is from Soda's post at the beginning of the thread which refers to a Rolling Stone interview with Crowe.

Who is Russell Hammond, really?

I saw Glenn Frey at a dinner party recently, and I realized that so much of Russell is Glenn. He was the coolest guy I had ever met in 1972. I was backstage at a concert interviewing everybody - the Eagles, King Crimson, Ballin' Jack, Chaka Khan. In the Eagles' dressing room, everyone's talking about Glenn - the one guy who isn't there. He's out looking for babes. Everyone's like, "The thing about Glenn," "Oh, one time Glenn and I..." And then, like a one-act play, Glenn appears. He walks in a little buzzed, he's got a long-neck Bud, and he's like, "How ya doing'?" Just classic. That whole thing of "Tonight, friends - tomorrow, the interview" was him. And there's one line he really did say to me: "Look, just make us look cool." He was also the first guy who told me about crafting a buzz long before I could ever enact it.

The recipe, please.

OK. He's like, "If you want to craft a buzz correctly, you walk into a party, you drink two beers quickly. Then you drink a beer every hour and fifteen minutes after that. You'll always have a buzz and you'll never get too embarrassing." I was like, "Uh... yeah, I know that." Meanwhile, I'm furiously writing it down.

- from "A Boy's Life"

You know, this quotation has been posted in this thread TWICE, by AEW as well. Also, After The Thrill said she had a version of the movie where Glenn is mentioned. Oh, but it isn't the version YOU have.

I really don't care how much you dislike Glenn. I do care that when people have bent over backwards to prove something to you, you still have to dispute it, for no reason that I can see except that you will not give Glenn credit for anything or accept that he could possibly inspire someone.

Not only did he inspire Cameron Crowe, he inspires all his real fans, every single day.

And frankly, if you now come out & say 'Crowe doesn't actually say Russell Hammond is Glenn Frey there' you are clutching at straws.
    Last edited by Freypower; 04-02-2013 at 09:37 PM.