Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Almost Famous

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Default Re: Almost Famous

I have loved Almost Famous since I saw it when it first came out...but I never knew until last week or so that Russell Hammond was based on Glenn!
    and so I rewatched my Almost Famous dvd of course!

right on..I see it..and I've read that same cameron crowe article that was quoted earlier.
    I love Glenn's little tip for keeping a buzz!

a screenshot I took from Almost Famous:

Russell Hammond or Glenn Frey?

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Wow!!!! I had no idea that the movie was based on Glenn Frey. I haven't seen that movie in a long time and may need to watch it once again. Tiffany, that screenshot does look like Glenn from behind. I wonder when it is on tv again.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawman13 View Post
    Wow!!!! I had no idea that the movie was based on Glenn Frey. I haven't seen that movie in a long time and may need to watch it once again. Tiffany, that screenshot does look like Glenn from behind. I wonder when it is on tv again.
    well it was on today! haha my tivo automatically recorded it under tivo suggestions.
    upcoming showings:
    sat 3/16 11pm hboz
    mon 3/18 11.25am & 11.40pm hbo2
    there are more showings too all on one of the hbo's

Out on the Border AftertheThrill's Avatar

If you have the Untitled version on DVD, you can listen to Cameron talk about the movie and he has several Glenn tidbits. The version of poker that they are playing in the movie is Eagle poker. (That Glenn invited in 1947, the year before he was born).

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawman13 View Post
    One character is based on him, not the entire film.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty&Hot View Post
    well it was on today! haha my tivo automatically recorded it under tivo suggestions.
    upcoming showings:
    sat 3/16 11pm hboz
    mon 3/18 11.25am & 11.40pm hbo2
    there are more showings too all on one of the hbo's
    You are just too awesome Tiffany. I will have to record it!!!! I'm going to right now so I won't forget. Sucks that I missed the first showing. LOL I ment the character was based on Glenn. I got carried away in LaLa land. LOL. The things I'm learning from this board. Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AftertheThrill View Post
    If you have the Untitled version on DVD, you can listen to Cameron talk about the movie and he has several Glenn tidbits. The version of poker that they are playing in the movie is Eagle poker. (That Glenn invited in 1947, the year before he was born).
    yeahh i think I knew that about the Eagle poker. I have the extended edition bluray but for some reason it has no special features like that! it has a featurette and a lester bangs interview. i think my friend has that editon you're talking about though! I'll have to borrow it!

and that was so cute that scene where Glenn talks about the Eagle poker!
    he's so hot

Last edited by Thirsty&Hot; 03-12-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AftertheThrill View Post
    Hmm! I might have to get this version!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I just ordered the bootleg and I hope I get to see the little "Glenn" snipits. I think I love this movie more since I know one of the characters is inspired by Glenn. LOL ohhhh yes. Glenn is just smoking hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His little voice just makes me swoon. MMMMMMMMM. Anywho Glenn really does inspire so many people.

I have the version with the bonus commentary by Cameron Crowe. I listened to that right away after I bought it, but I haven't watched the movie yet. They show scenes from the movie throughout his commentary so I got a good feel for what the movie is like. It is interesting. I especially enjoyed hearing that Cameron thought of Glenn as a big brother!