Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia, PA 7-14-08

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Henley
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling
    Oh, seems I've missed a lot Are the Eagles touring in the USA currently?
    Yes they are.
    And he, you can always read and asked a lot!!
    Yes, I know, thanks I've just read about the dates in another thread. I could read all the reviews but it's just too much to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Henley
    Oh, seems I've missed a lot Are the Eagles touring in the USA currently?
    Yes they are.
    And he, you can always read and asked a lot!!
    Yes, I know, thanks I've just read about the dates in another thread. I could read all the reviews but it's just too much to catch up.
    Ok
    Yes that's true, but we will tell you the important things what happend here
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Ok, let's start, I'm ready Nah but you could tell me which shows were the best and what I should definitely read.

The best show ever: April 3rd in Rotterdam, NL! Anyway that was my best show!

Uh, let me think what is the best you should read..I will come back to that!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Default Philly

Read the first review. What a hoot! It seemed to me that the reviewer was more concerned with impressing his readership with 'big' words than anything else. Turgid, indeed! The only thing bloated is this guys ego. He actually thinks that he can write. HaHa :P l And where is Walt-Mart? Is it in Walt Disney World. Try using a spell-checker if you want anyone with an IQ over 70 to take you seriously moron. One also wonders what he needs an orthoped for when it's quite evident that he needs an audiologist because the guy obviously has a tin ear to go along with his numb-skull!

Got to A.C. and my luck continues to hold out. They upgraded me and named me guest of the day and presented me with a special gift basket at check-in. With this kind of luck I just might try my luck at the table tonight-if not the slots-and if I win I'm buying out the Borgata Thursday and flying all you Borderites to A.C. WhooHoo!]

Stay Tuned!
    Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalNow

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Hey C7L, I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you to win BIG!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Review number two. This one is a bit more balanced:

http://www.courierpostonline.com/app.../80715001/1006
    "But...

In the 36-year-old act’s desire to be as faithful as possible to the songs, it ignored a guiding principal of the concert experience: In a live setting, the material should have a little something extra to differentiate it from its studio-harvested template.

So many tunes were so clone-like that at times, it sounded like it was an Eagles tribute band on the surprisingly simple stage."

And who made that rule? Well, the guys should be happy. This is always what they strived for in concerts; to sound as near to the album as possible!

Thanks DF!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well I agree! Age has nothing to do with it. No one suggests that a Doctor, a Dentist or a CEO is past it at age 60, so why apply it to musicians! IMHO they sound as good today as they ever did!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

How I would love to tell these reviewers that their 'turgid' rants are every bit as 'cloned' and 'predictable' and say the same thing over and over again as they accuse the Eagles of doing. So the Inquirer guy doesn't like the LROOE album. We got the point. As for 'sticking to the script' EVERY band does this, not just the Eagles. It is called giving the fans what they want. I would like to see setlist changes and less reliance on solo songs too, but it isn't going to happen.

Another thing: they always go on as if Joe's songs are the high points which get the crowd going. This is a distortion of fact. Joes's songs are easy to review, that's all. Songs like WITW and Lyin' Eyes require some analysis to explain why they work.

Default Philly Reviews

Review # 2:

"But...

In the 36-year-old act’s desire to be as faithful as possible to the songs, it ignored a guiding principal of the concert experience: In a live setting, the material should have a little something extra to differentiate it from its studio-harvested template.

In all, a most satisfying, if not epochal, event. "

Okay. On the one hand the concert was predictable, if not mundane, and on the other hand epochal (i.e., having no parallel; especially : having no equal or match : unique in kind or quality); Again this reviewer, like the other, seemed more concerned with impressing readers with his/her vocab than writing a musical critique of the concert.

Flash and trash if you ask me. Dassle them with b.s. and maybe people will not realize that you haven't said, to quote Henley, "a gawd-dam thing" or more importantly, to paraphrase Alice's query to the March Hare, "Do you say what you mean, or do you mean what you say?" Pah-Leeze! Oh, Geeze! Give me a G.D. break.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalNow