Thread: New Tour Dates

Default Re: New Tour Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Posted on the Eagles official site:

September 20, 2008 - Scottrade Center
    St. Louis, MO
    Public On Sale: 7/21
    When I saw this on the EOC page, I burst out with an "alright" here in my quiet office! I nearly jumped up out of my chair! My co-worker looked at me like "what?".

I just said I was talking to myself! She doesn't understand.
    People don't understand our reactions if we see something of the Eagles.

But I'm sure you will have a great show!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Default Re: New Tour Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Posted on the Eagles official site:

September 20, 2008 - Scottrade Center
    St. Louis, MO
    Public On Sale: 7/21
    When I saw this on the EOC page, I burst out with an "alright" here in my quiet office! I nearly jumped up out of my chair! My co-worker looked at me like "what?".

I just said I was talking to myself! She doesn't understand.

I am sooooo excited. Now, should I go for VIP or buy tickets off ticketmaster or what? Do you REALLY think the vip tickets are worth it?
    I thought of you when I put it up, lol!

Regarding VIP, I don't know what they'll cost in Missouri. For Chicago, 5-star is at $795 each. That's just too much for me. However, if they were $500 a piece like in Virginia, I think it might be worth it if it's the only show you're going to and you're scared you won't get a good seat otherwise.

Me, I'm playing the TM game!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Soda, do those 5 star prices ever drop?

I still do not have tix for Chicago, but I want them. I'm just not sure if I'm going to pay face value for random seats or an extreme amount of cash for good seats.

I'm sorry, but $750 to $1800 for a tix for a two hour show is CRAZY!!! I'm a fan, but they aren't even worth my mortgage payment!

Stuck on the Border

I don't know how long the show is now, but surely it is still longer than two hours. I doubt it is the three hours I saw any more, but...

Congratulations to Brooke, you will finally get to see them. Meanwhile (taps foot slowly)...

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse
    Soda, do those 5 star prices ever drop?
    They're different prices in different markets but, once set, they do not drop for a particular show.

I still do not have tix for Chicago, but I want them. I'm just not sure if I'm going to pay face value for random seats or an extreme amount of cash for good seats.

I'm sorry, but $750 to $1800 for a tix for a two hour show is CRAZY!!! I'm a fan, but they aren't even worth my mortgage payment!
    Seriously! I'm basically just constantly checking TM and hoping for the best. If I can't get good seats for face value, I'm just going to get cheap seats - 'cause if you're in the back of the floor you're going to be watching them on the same techno-tron as the people in the balcony!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I was thinking that if they were playing Chicago, there would surely be more dates in the midwest! I was right!

The thing is, you can buy very good seats on the ticket exchange deal on ticketmaster, which certainly won't go for more than the 5 or even 4 star vip tickets. A seat in the first 20 rows is NOT a great seat to me. First 10, maybe, but I won't pay $795 for a ticket in the 11th row even.

I'm thinking of taking chances with tm, too, and gambling for great seats late in the game, as Carol Lynn has done. Then I might catch another show somewhere else.

I don't know. I'm confused now that St. Louis is a go. I gambled on Keith Urban and John Fogerty and won. But to gamble on the Eagles. I don't know........
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

What is TM's ticket exchange? I'm not familiar w/that.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

There is a tab at the top of the ticketmaster page called Ticket Exchange. Click on it and you find tickets that people have for sale.

They are expensive, but less than the VIP would be and you know up front where your seats are.

I'm surprised that Ticketmaster will let them be sold for more than face value. Actually, they are promoting scalping.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

They're fine with scalping as long as they get a cut, which is what the euphemistically titled "Ticket Exchange" is about.

I guess TM's mentality is, "Hey, if people are going to go to scalpers anyway, why shouldn't we get some of that money?" What I don't appreciate is the fact that these tickets were taken out of the pool from which we get our face-value tickets.

I wonder that the Eagles are OK with this, though, since it directly completes against ILAA.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

OMG - I've just seen this St Louis - that probably means Kansas City is out I think I'm going to have to go with St. Louis (5 hour drive ). Alas, I have no Eagles fans in the family so I'm on my own which is both good and bad. The St. Louis concert is on a Saturday so that is a plus because school will be back in. Mmmmm! Definitely cannot afford VIP tickets but I can suck it up and get a regular seat - at least I'll be there.