Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glenn Backing Up the Ladies

I saw it at youtube! Wow Glenn is good!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    He really did.
    I've always been fascinated by harmonica players. Some of my favorite singers also play harmonica--Billy Joel, Taylor Hicks--just to name a few.
    And Robert Plant, Mick Jagger, Neil Young & Bob Dylan. I think Roger Daltrey can also play 'harp' as they call it.

Now, now, FP, don't forget John Lennon! "Love Me Do", "Please Please Me", "From Me To You", "I'll Get You"...

I also enjoyed watching Glenn playing the harmonica on "Seven Bridges Road" and "Doolin-Dalton". I agree, Dreamer - he looks cute indeed!

Regarding Glenn doing duets with a female singer: I have a strong desire... hmmm... perhaps I should rephrase and say I have a BIG DREAM to sing "The Girl From Yesterday" with Glenn . The way I would do it is just to sing a harmony with him throughout the song, i.e. not only the parts Don does but the whole song. I've tried doing it... oh hell, I ALWAYS do it with Glenn when I play the song at home. Sigh. I've got to get famous!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Now, now, FP, don't forget John Lennon! "Love Me Do", "Please Please Me", "From Me To You", "I'll Get You"...

I also enjoyed watching Glenn playing the harmonica on "Seven Bridges Road" and "Doolin-Dalton". I agree, Dreamer - he looks cute indeed!

Regarding Glenn doing duets with a female singer: I have a strong desire... hmmm... perhaps I should rephrase and say I have a BIG DREAM to sing "The Girl From Yesterday" with Glenn . The way I would do it is just to sing a harmony with him throughout the song, i.e. not only the parts Don does but the whole song. I've tried doing it... oh hell, I ALWAYS do it with Glenn when I play the song at home. Sigh. I've got to get famous!
    Busy Being Fabulous!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm sure you would do a brilliant version MF!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I have a strong desire... hmmm... perhaps I should rephrase and say I have a BIG DREAM to sing "The Girl From Yesterday" with Glenn . The way I would do it is just to sing a harmony with him throughout the song, i.e. not only the parts Don does but the whole song. I've tried doing it... oh hell, I ALWAYS do it with Glenn when I play the song at home. Sigh. I've got to get famous!
    Since we are playing true confessions here, Mrs F, I have always dreamed about singing Glenn's part in "After the Thrill is Gone" with Don. (Kind of ironic, isn't it--the thrill would absolutely NOT be gone if that ever happened! It would be off the charts!) Especially the lines "Empty pages and a frozen pen," my writer's mantra, and "You're not quite lovers and you're not quite friends..."

I'm not a professional singer like you, only a choir singer, but it is fun to dream, isn't it?

You can always dream! I agree!

I want to sing "Life In The Fast Lane" with Don, haha.
    First some re-writing about who's singin' which part.

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    I have a strong desire... hmmm... perhaps I should rephrase and say I have a BIG DREAM to sing "The Girl From Yesterday" with Glenn . The way I would do it is just to sing a harmony with him throughout the song, i.e. not only the parts Don does but the whole song. I've tried doing it... oh hell, I ALWAYS do it with Glenn when I play the song at home. Sigh. I've got to get famous!
    Since we are playing true confessions here, Mrs F, I have always dreamed about singing Glenn's part in "After the Thrill is Gone" with Don. (Kind of ironic, isn't it--the thrill would absolutely NOT be gone if that ever happened! It would be off the charts!) Especially the lines "Empty pages and a frozen pen," my writer's mantra, and "You're not quite lovers and you're not quite friends..."

I'm not a professional singer like you, only a choir singer, but it is fun to dream, isn't it?
    Ooh, DF, that's a great song, and I just love the way Glenn and Don duet on this. I'm sure you would do a great job on it. Those two lines you quoted are indeed two of my favourite lines too... well, truthfully, the whole song is just so brilliantly written!

I'm going to make a slight correction to what you said about my being a professional singer. I'm not quite professional - I suppose you could call me semi-professional, since I do earn money out of my gigs, but it's not my livelihood. Well, not yet, anyway... Oh, it is fun to dream, isn't it?

And while I'm dreaming, I'm sure Glenn is planning a birthday bash later this year for his 60th. I'm going to talk to my bandmates and see if we can pitch to play at his party...

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

And while I'm dreaming, I'm sure Glenn is planning a birthday bash later this year for his 60th. I'm going to talk to my bandmates and see if we can pitch to play at his party...
    Go for it, girl!

Yeah, Go for it!