Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I Love All Access

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: I Love All Access

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Thank goodness!! I was really getting a little peeved thinking that we had "shrunk to that level". I just don't think it's right for the average fan not to be able to see their favorite band and maybe have a chance to meet a member. The ticket prices are pretty much out of reach for the average fan already.

Good luck to everyone here that might get the chance to meet Joe on this leg of the tour!
    With respect, TBF, such a possibility (i.e. of meeting a band member) is never going to happen where I live. So saying 'it's not right' is relative.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Let's face it FP-most of us here don't stand a chance but there is a glimmer of a chance and I don't think anyone should have to PAY to do it! If they had stopped Joe's M & G with his fan club members, then that is exactly what would of happened, and pay big it looks like!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

I agree nobody should have to pay unless it is for some sort of fundraiser as I think has happened with Don on occasion. There were rumours that when they came back here JWFC was going to arrange a M&G. I'm not a member of JWFC, and frankly I am not sure that I want to join, after what happened to Soda.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ticky, thanks so much for the news about Joe's fan club m & gs. It still seems strange to me that they would do this and still do free ones, too. Hmmmmm.

For some reason I just got the email about the chat yesterday and it was the day before!

I sure wish he'd do a fan club m & g in Columbia.

Hey Joe.......
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

what happened to soda with the fan club?
    "Burning the candle at both ends, twice the light in half the time..."

There were some "miscommunications" where apparently the e-mail that I sent requesting a reservation for the meet'n'greet in Chicago was not worded correctly to insure a spot, and apparently my later e-mails asking about it were not sent from the appropriate e-mail and so they were ignored. Frankly, it was all rather unclear - why ignore my e-mails from an alternate address? And why ignore the post that I made on the JWFC message board asking about the meet'n'greet a week prior, after I had waited for responses to my e-mails to no avail?

The day of the meet'n'greet, I finally received a reply that there was no room and I shouldn't have waited so long! I found this very frustrating, considering all my prior efforts. When I tried to engage in a dialogue with the person who ran it and explain the situation, she ignored me and did not respond. It made me feel rather shafted, especially since I had been looking forward to meeting Joe ever since I sent the initial e-mail stating interest months before the meet'n'greet. Honestly, I was crushed.

If there's no room, there's no room, but I felt I at least deserved the courtesy of a timely reply. Even giving her the benefit of the doubt that she did not receive or accidentally deleted my e-mails, I KNOW she must have at least seen my JWFC message board post a week prior to the meet'n'greet because I saw that she had logged in, yet she chose not to respond to my query. I don't understand that.

I'm not trying to bash this person; I'm sure she's very nice and I'm sure that in most cases, there are no problems with the meet'n'greets (although I know of at least one other person whose e-mails and posts were also ignored). However, I felt I received pretty poor customer service for my $50. It's bad business practice to ignore customers and make them feel like their concerns aren't worth your time.

I'm not saying people shouldn't join. It is a good way to meet Joe, if he decides to do a meet'n'greet near you. I just wish it was a bit more organized and professionally run, and that e-mails and posts received replies. Is that too much to ask?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

wow soda, I'm sorry that happend. i would have been "frustrated" too -to say the least.
    "Burning the candle at both ends, twice the light in half the time..."

Well that just sucks, Soda. I'm sorry that happened to you. I've been debating on whether or not to join JWFC for the last couple of weeks. I sure hope that if i do join that this won't happen again. I would be devastated.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Maybe Soda's difficulty had to do with the fact that she didn't have a ticket to the show until an hour beforehand. I've read here that you have to have a ticket to that night's concert to be able to go to the meet 'n greet.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

No - I was never asked whether or not I had a ticket, and it's not as if they can call up the venue office and ask if I bought one yet! I also know of other people who bought their tickets on the day of the meet'n'greet with no problem.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten