Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I Love All Access

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Re: I Love All Access

I just do not understand how that is legal. I'm awaiting the day a class action lawsuit is made against these guys!

And it's not as if they aren't able to put a second link giving information about the upcoming public sale for regular tickets. They give that information on LiveNation for these very same shows - they go on sale to the public on the 29th.

They are choosing not to give a link to the public sale info for these shows (namely, the Chicago and Foxborough shows) on Ticketmaster and one has to wonder why. I hesitate to assume that they are deliberately trying to trick people, but that's what can happen to some who are not savvy to ticket sales, especially when they see that there are double listings for the other shows. Maybe those people just heard an ad for the show on the radio and didn't pay attention to on-sale dates. When they see the one link it's "Oh - I guess the regular tickets have sold out..."

But perhaps I'm being unjustly cynical and it's just a glitch. If so, I hope it's fixed soon.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

But perhaps I'm being unjustly cynical and it's just a glitch. If so, I hope it's fixed soon.
    You're not and you know it!! It's a scam and I'm not gonna be a part of it!! I actually hope there is a suit against them someday. How dare they (and don't tell me they don't know it's happening-they know everything else) do this to their fans!!! I'm a true f-ing fan, have been for 35+ years, bought every f-ing album, not once but 2 or 3 times over, bought t-shirts, memoribilia, anything that says Eagles on it, and I can't just go to one of their concerts and get a decent seat! I have a hard time paying face value at their prices but how dare they let this happen! It sickens me and really makes me very very sad! I feel terribly unappreciated when I see this happening.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Tell us what you really think Willie! <LOL> Not laughing at you at all. I'm encouraging you!

MikeA

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

As many of you know, I am one that has somewhat defended the band's ticket prices. Now, I hope nobody misinterprets this - it's not that I like paying these prices - but I don't think it's wrong of the band to charge as much for tickets as the market will bear in a supply-and-demand capitalistic society such as ours.

However, to me, this is the kind of stuff that is indefensible. It is just not ethical to mislead or trick the public like this. It also makes my blood boil that the best tickets ALWAYS end up in the hands of brokers. There is no way that this is coincidence or that the 'powers that be' are ignorant to this. It certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings to see these practices challenged in court!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Sorry Mike--that was a wee bit harsh wasn't it? But I was truly "FIRED UP" when I read this! It just angers me so.

Dreamer--now that you put it that way, I think that's part of my problem with the whole thing. If it wasn't such a struggle to try to find a good seat at that price, without having to see all the good seats going for outrageous amounts thru brokers, I think I could handle the asking price a little more reasonably (that is till they start tacking on all the extra charges).

And you say it so much more eloquently than I do.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

All I can say is this; as long as they (whoever-brokers, etc.) sell the tickets at these outrageous prices they will continue to charge them. When people quit buying, the Eagles will quit touring. They are looking for an excuse. But I don't think that will be anytime soon because people are buying these expensive tickets.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    All I can say is this; as long as they (whoever-brokers, etc.) sell the tickets at these outrageous prices they will continue to charge them. When people quit buying, the Eagles will quit touring. They are looking for an excuse. But I don't think that will be anytime soon because people are buying these expensive tickets.
    The problem isn't that the brokers are selling them at high prices. The problem is that the general public can NOT access these tickets! You know, back in the day, you had to be first in line at a ticketmaster to get a good seat. Often brokers would have people camped out to get the good seats, then they would sell them at a profit. I can appreciate that. However, the common man could be second in line and get good seats too. There used to be a limit on how many tix you could buy. Now, the good seats are not even released to the GP. I'm sorry, but it's total BS that these seats are held back. Total BS. Trust me, the guys would still sell out arenas and make money... Shame on every single one of them that allows this.

Don sticks up for the recording artists ... who's sticking up for the fans?

Preach on my sister!!!!!!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

First of all, Willie - you are too kind. Me ... eloquent ... WOW! Probably not, but I won't tell if you don't!

And I agree here that the general public rarely gets an opportunity to purchase a really good seat at face value. I know that some of the tickets are held back for ILAA, but certainly not all of them. Even if I am the very first person online when the tickets go on sale, I am not given the option to purchase a front row ticket at face value. Yet, I am able to immediately go to a broker site and purchase one for an outrageous price. I'd just like to know how the brokers get these tickets EVERY time ???

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016