Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: I Love All Access

Default Re: I Love All Access

Yeah, it's kinda like going to the store to buy some milk, and all of the milk for the "normal" price has expired dates and all the fresh milk is in a cooler off to the side with a price inflated 2x or more!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

That's good PM!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    The problem isn't that the brokers are selling them at high prices. The problem is that the general public can NOT access these tickets! You know, back in the day, you had to be first in line at a ticketmaster to get a good seat. Often brokers would have people camped out to get the good seats, then they would sell them at a profit. I can appreciate that. However, the common man could be second in line and get good seats too. There used to be a limit on how many tix you could buy. Now, the good seats are not even released to the GP. I'm sorry, but it's total BS that these seats are held back. Total BS. Trust me, the guys would still sell out arenas and make money... Shame on every single one of them that allows this.
    This is how I feel too. If you purchase within seconds of ticket release the tickets (VIP seats at least due to higher cost) should be sold from 1st row back in the order they were purchased. I also believe VIP tickets shouldn't be shuffled. Granted, they should try to accomodate when people specifically request to be on a certain side. But to place someone who should've gotten a front row seat because they purchased within seconds 5th row or further back is not right.

As cynical as it sounds, I guess the best seats boil down to who you know or some sort of bribery attempt.
    Last edited by Fan_For_Life; 03-25-2010 at 11:56 AM.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Here’s the thing though… that center section is always off limits! Always! I can see holding out a few for VIPS, but a fraction should still be available to the GP.

Also, if you decided to go you one of your local brokers, they always have those seats. So they aren’t really, VIP, now are they? Also, you can check a couple of your local brokers and they all have the same seats. Well, how can two places sell the exact same seat? They can’t. This means they all get their tickets from one place, the people at TM/NL. TM/NL isn’t going to just hand those tix over to the brokers, they expect a kickback.

Again, it used to be that one broker had some seats, others had different, but still good seats. It’s not like that anymore. They are all in bed with each other. It’s sickening! A face value tix of $200 could easily go for $1,200. Two hundred legit. That’s a 1k profit. Do your really think TM/NL is going to allow a broker that? NO! They probably split that profit 50/50 or 60/40. In any case, this goes back to… how is this legal?

I’m so sick of waiting the last minute to see if you can hopefully, by chance, get a good tix because it didn’t sell via broker/VIP.

I hear ya LTL. We need to let the lawmakers know how we feel.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Anybody have any lawyer friends that know anything about class action suits ??? :

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

It's getting worse and worse. 10 years ago you had 3 (maybe four) types of areas and respective tickets. Now you need a legal adviser just to understand the benefices you have with a VIP pass.