Thread: Don Felder on Howard Stern

Default Don Felder on Howard Stern

You can hear the interview here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul7QBkgMc2w

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Oh, and here's a video interview from the Jim Kerr show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBAbxNJTCbY

Thanks for the links, Soda, it seems I've missed these.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

These are the result of my diligent YouTube searches, GEF - I'm happy to put that to good use! lol

Your diligence is exemplary, Soda!

Here's Paul Cashmere's take on the Stern interview.

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=5698

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I'm sorry, but I think that Mr Felder just keeps sounding more bitter with each interview he does. Told he wasn't allowed to dance during ASWTDID---PLEASE- then explain to me the craziness that goes on onstage every time they play it live now. And the comments about Joe being an employee-- I agree with Mr Cashmere--not his business, but I hardly believe anyone else sees it that way!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Did you notice he messed up the lyrics on Hotel California? Oops! lol

Too bad the whole interview isn't there - after reading Cashmere's article, I wanna hear the whole thing!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Me too, Soda. Maybe, it'll be up on You Tube soon. I wish I'd had know about it, I definitely would have recorded it. I did find a little bit more info on HowardStern.com.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I should have looked at DonFelderOnline.com before saying anything - GEF put up a link to a very detailed summary of it from marksfriggin.com.

Stuck on the Border

Oh dear.

Memo, Mr Felder. If, as far as I know you were born in 1947, you turn 61 this year, not 60.

Does anyone else believe the 'Chief Financial Officer' part that Paul Cashmere quotes? Why was that not in the book, if it is a genuine title?

The 'Glenn Frey's songs weren't good enough' stuff is unfair. In the Henley-Frey partnership towards the end Henley wrote the lyrics and Glenn the music. Because Glenn wrote fewer lyrics towards the end doesn't mean his songs weren't good enough or that he hated Henley. Rather as Rolling Stone points out he allowed Henley's songwriting to develop and he supported it. It may be true that this occurred at his own expense but he honestly seemed to think that it was best for the band. If he had wanted to write more lyrics and sing more leads, he would have done so. This is not to say that his relationship with Don did not deteriorate - of course it did. But to reduce it all to this is wrong, in my view.

Anyway, the 'Don Henley Show' stuff should have made Felder happy, as it is quite clear that he believes that Frey does not even have a modicum of talent.

It is a complete exaggeration that there is 'no Joe' on the new album. All I will concede is that Joe could have been more prominent.

I have never, ever thought Felder looked 'pissed' in the HC video. I always thought he looked like he loved every minute of it.

As for the insults directed at Henley, with the final grudging 'he has a great voice', I guess he's run out of insults for Frey.

As for the bit about 'he didn't do it to get back at anyone' please give me a break. Stop the protestations of wide eyed innocence, Felder. It does not work.

Is this what he's going to do for the rest of his life? Play 'his' song and tell people how wonderful he was in 1976, as opposed to being creative? He may think LROOE sounds like 'Nashville' but at least the Eagles are still making music.

I really find this quite distressing and that is all I will say about it, except that of course I defend his right to express his opinion.