Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don Felder on Howard Stern

Howard talked about the time that Joe Walsh came in and performed Desperado on the show and got into a lot of trouble with Don Henley. He was banned from doing the show for a long time after that. Don said that Joe used to perform ''Life in the Fast Lane'' in his solo act but Henley put a stop to that as well.
    I never heard this, I heard that Joe chose not to come back on the Howard Stern show for quite a while because Stern refused to pull Joe's drunken rendition of Desperado. Stern makes it sound as if Henley forbade it.

And why would Henley forbid Joe to do Life in the Fast Lane in his solo shows when he co-wrote the song?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm reluctant to believe that "CFO" bit, too. A CFO that doesn't know how much money the corp. makes?

I guess it could have just been a name only title for the paperwork that he decided later was an actual office and justified his query for information.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

That "CFO" confused me too. I remember hearing somewhere that Henley's title was "secretary" once, though, so maybe he really did have a title.

JoeFan - I'd heard that Don and Glenn put a stop to Joe doing Desperado in his concerts, but never LITFL. Perhaps Howard got mixed up. As far as Don forbidding Joe to appear on Stern, I'd never heard that either, and I really doubt it. Why should Don care if Joe appears on Howard Stern, as long as he doesn't sing Desperado? I think it is far more likely that Joe was hurt by someone he considered his friend when Howard refused to pull the embarrassing Desperado segment, and Joe didn't want to hang around him anymore.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Surely I've heard of Joe performing LITTL, both solo and with Glenn?

Felder tries to appear so charming when he's interviewed, the innocent victim. All that temptation with drugs and groupies that no one would be able to resist, and then the victimisation by Don and Glenn. I just wish people would realise that there are two sides to every story.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well, gef, actually, as a very famous songwriter once said, "there's 3 sides to every story; there's your's, there's mine, and the cold hard truth"!

Sorry! Couldn't resist!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Surely I've heard of Joe performing LITTL, both solo and with Glenn?
    Yes, he used to do LITFL regularly as part of his set, as did the Party of Two. In fact, I have a bootleg from 2004 were Joe performs it.

So much for that!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I do remember reading once that Don Henley didn't think Joe should perform LITFL because he said Joe only wrote the opening riff. This I think was prior to the Party Of Two days. This is just a vague recollection.