Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Atlantic City, NJ 7-19-08

Default Atlantic City, NJ 7-19-08

Last night's Borgata concert topped off a week of Eagle watching East Coast style this time from the front row directly across from my favorite Eagle (if I have to have just one) Timothy B. What can I say?

The concert was the exact same set as Thursday night except the crowd was more subdued-less dancing and more listening which was okay with me. The highlilght of my night was when Henley came over and stood right in front of me during his closing guitar solo on Dirty Laundry. Grinning from ear to ear he stared directly into my eyes for what seemed like an eternity and all I could do what smile like an idiot right back at him.

So now it's back to Los Angeles to await the Eagles return to the nest.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalNow

Default Re: Atlantic City-July 19th

Quote Originally Posted by carol7lynn
    The highlilght of my night was when Henley came over and stood right in front of me during his closing guitar solo on Dirty Laundry. Grinning from ear to ear he stared directly into my eyes for what seemed like an eternity and all I could do what smile like an idiot right back at him.
    All right, it's official--I hate you.

How thrilling for you!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Sounds like a great night C7L. I'm glad you got that bit of attention from Don! Those boys have a way of making you feel special! Don't they?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    The highlilght of my night was when Henley came over and stood right in front of me during his closing guitar solo on Dirty Laundry. Grinning from ear to ear he stared directly into my eyes for what seemed like an eternity and all I could do what smile like an idiot right back at him.
    All right, it's official--I hate you.

DF, you just made my morning! You're so funny!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Last night's Borgata concert topped off a week of Eagle watching East Coast style this time from the front row directly across from my favorite Eagle (if I have to have just one) Timothy B. What can I say?

The concert was the exact same set as Thursday night except the crowd was more subdued-less dancing and more listening which was okay with me. The highlilght of my night was when Henley came over and stood right in front of me during his closing guitar solo on Dirty Laundry. Grinning from ear to ear he stared directly into my eyes for what seemed like an eternity and all I could do what smile like an idiot right back at him.

So now it's back to Los Angeles to await the Eagles return to the nest.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalNow
    I'm so happy for you Carol-Lynn! I'm sure you have a new favourite Eagle now, am I right?

And DF, I'm also a little jealous. I didn't get any attention from Don in London.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Carol-in my opinion you had the best seat in the house if you were able to stare at Timmy all night!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Default Borgata-July 19th

TimmyFan-you got that right. That was the first time I have been directly in front of him since last year at the Nokia and I got more than my fair share of Timmy eye locks. And, as for Don, to tell you the truth I've always liked him the most but he scares me with his intensity. Like the guy sitting beside me at Saturday night's show observed, "It's Henley isn't it." 'nuff said.

After being on the road for a week I now know why the guys are taking it easy with built in 6 week mini breaks. I'm their age and I can see why they're doing what they're doing. Staying in a hotel for week at sixty, when you have a nice place back home, isn't the same as when your twenty-one and living in a 3 room un-airconditioned apartment with no pool. God Bless them for giving us the dates they have as they could easy just stay home and "Take It Easy."

Some fans have been erroneously reporting on other chat forums that both Borgata shows lacked the intensity of their arena shows and let me tell you they are 'nuts'. Both Borgata shows rocked-Thursday more so than Saturday and the place was packed both nights. I think some people just make things up as they go along to cause un-needed drama. Know what I'm saying.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalNow

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Carol - how many shows have you been to? Front row - right in front of Timmy Not that I'm or anything

Glad you had such a great time, Carol-Lynn! And don't get agitated about whether or not other people liked it. Everyone has their own perspective and opinions. I remember one time I attended a Stevie Nicks show in Las Vegas and I thought it was absolutely wonderful. I logged on to the internet and a few people were complaining about it. "She doesn't sing Rhiannon like she used to... she was better when she was on cocaine..." I was like, "How dare you?! She was MAGNIFICENT!" Then I realized that everyone has different experiences and it's no use getting upset about it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten