Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Atlantic City, NJ 7-19-08

Out on the Border

Hmmm..... I would really love to know why they are so much against being on YouTube. Do they think that people will not go to their concerts because they can watch them on YouTube instead ?

We've puzzled about that a great deal, siny!

I think one time Glenn said something about how "we like to control that kind of thing" but didn't elaborate.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Siny, Glenn made a comment at the Hard Rock concert, from Soda's review:

Quote Originally Posted by Sodascouts
    Before PEF, Glenn made a few announcements and told a few jokes. He said, "We know you all have cell phones, so you all have cameras." [audience laughs]. "We don't mind if you take pictures, but please respect our wishes not to film our songs... they all wind up immediately on YouTube..." he paused, then grinned to take the edge off of his words. "My wife asks me, 'Where were you last night?' I tell her, 'Myrtle Beach, I swear! You can see me on YouTube!" [gets huge laugh]. "Anyway, we'd like you not to film our songs, so if you see someone next to you doing that, please ask them to stop." I think he's taken over the "YouTube = bad" duties because he can pull it off in a charming way, whereas Don comes off as grouchy, lol.
    I suppose security guards can't tell if you're taking photos or filming, but taking people's cameras away and deleting shots seems tight.
    I agree! At Riverdance we were told no video or Flash photography. I took from that that flash free pics were ok!! I took out my phone at one stage to take a pic (non Flash) Before I even set it a security guy was over and told me to put it away. I can understand how flash can effect performers. After that it wasn't worth the effort
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP