Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Felder on Fox News

Default Felder on Fox News

Felder did a brief interview with Fox News. You can watch the video here:

Fox News Video

He calls Glenn "bipolar." To be fair, he does praise Glenn and Don's songwriting and singing.

Man, that interviewer is sure fawning all over Felder.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Just a "nice, clear snapshot of what was going on with the band"!

Of course, those lovely pictures of Don and Glenn!

And Joe, "bless his heart".

And yet, he's very happy for them!

This guy is too much! (I've been wanting to use this emoticon!)
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I'm just so glad he is happy for the Eagles and the success of the new album and tour-GGGRRRRRR!!

What's really sad-I always liked him but the more he appears at interviews to sell this book, the less and less I like him!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan
    I'm just so glad he is happy for the Eagles and the success of the new album and tour-GGGRRRRRR!!

What's really sad-I always liked him but the more he appears at interviews to sell this book, the less and less I like him!!!
    You took the words right out of my mouth, TBF!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Felder on Fox News

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    He calls Glenn "bipolar."
    No comment.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    No comment.
    You know at first I wasn't going to comment on this either, but I gotta tell you that comment really pi$$es me off. Perhaps I am super-sensitive about this, but bipolar disorder is no laughing matter. Of course, I'm not a doctor, but neither is Felder. I also acknowledge that Felder knows Glenn a lot better than I do, that's for sure. But I can tell you, as someone who deals with bipolar disorder every day, I have learned a lot about it, and it is an extremely serious psychotic disease. I think it is extremely irresponsible for Felder to make such a flippant public comment about such a serious mental illness. As I have mentioned before, my mother has Alzheimer's, and like many people with this disease, she has also developed bipolar disorder. What I have learned is that this disease is not just about people who have mood swings, anxiety, or get depressed. It is uncontrolled, irrational, and severe anxiety and manic depression frequently accompanied by paranoia, hallucinations, and delusions. These symptoms are so extreme that they can be easily detected even by a casual observer. Most victims of this disorder have a difficult time functioning in normal society. I don't claim to know Glenn, but I have observed him enough to say that I would doubt that he is bipolar. My personal observation is that he possibly may be moody and impatient, but I have never seen the slightest indications of bipolar behavior. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I think it would be wise if everyone, including Felder, would leave the diagnosis to the doctors.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I think Felder was just being insulting rather than literal. I mean, he laughed afterwards. I don't think he was claiming that Glenn truly has the medical condition of bipolar disorder. It's like calling someone a "retard" even though they aren't truly mentally challenged. Felder's comment was a mean-spirited exaggeration of Glenn's moodiness rather than an attempt at diagnosis, IMHO.

Literal or not, though, Felder's comment is offensive.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I agree, SodaScouts, and I think the lesser of Felder for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Just a "nice, clear snapshot of what was going on with the band"!

Of course, those lovely pictures of Don and Glenn!

And Joe, "bless his heart".

And yet, he's very happy for them!

This guy is too much! (I've been wanting to use this emoticon!)

Oh, Brooke, your post really cracked me up!!!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    No comment.
    You know at first I wasn't going to comment on this either, but I gotta tell you that comment really pi$$es me off. Perhaps I am super-sensitive about this, but bipolar disorder is no laughing matter. Of course, I'm not a doctor, but neither is Felder. I also acknowledge that Felder knows Glenn a lot better than I do, that's for sure. But I can tell you, as someone who deals with bipolar disorder every day, I have learned a lot about it, and it is an extremely serious psychotic disease. I think it is extremely irresponsible for Felder to make such a flippant public comment about such a serious mental illness. As I have mentioned before, my mother has Alzheimer's, and like many people with this disease, she has also developed bipolar disorder. What I have learned is that this disease is not just about people who have mood swings, anxiety, or get depressed. It is uncontrolled, irrational, and severe anxiety and manic depression frequently accompanied by paranoia, hallucinations, and delusions. These symptoms are so extreme that they can be easily detected even by a casual observer. Most victims of this disorder have a difficult time functioning in normal society. I don't claim to know Glenn, but I have observed him enough to say that I would doubt that he is bipolar. My personal observation is that he possibly may be moody and impatient, but I have never seen the slightest indications of bipolar behavior. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I think it would be wise if everyone, including Felder, would leave the diagnosis to the doctors.
    Dreamer, that comment really annoyed me too. I agree with Soda that his meaning was not literal, but I can understand why the remark upset you. In one of our local drama series a couple of years ago, the bipolar disorder was explored through one of the characters, and it is indeed a serious condition. I actually can't believe that Felder has sunk to the depths he has. And worst of all, he seems to be getting more publicity than the Eagles!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down