Page 111 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1419

Thread: Eagles memorabilia

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles memorabilia

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay I'm sold. I'm getting those!!!!!!!!!!!!! MMM

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    I bet it was a pioneer that was that style. I have been keeping my eye open for Pioneers of the 70s....for example the Pioneer SX-780 and others above and below it. Pioneers are highly regarded Receviers from the 70s even more than the Technics.

The price can range from 100 to 200 or more if a top line model. The pioneer sx-1980 for example is a monster at 270 watts per channel. It was the TOL 70's receiver and cost more that $1000 back then and today still cost that or more. But few need 270 watts. My new one is 35 watts per channel and I cant get it past 2 without being too loud. Todays ratings of watts are fishy so dont trust new receivers that say they are 100 Watts per channel. Its a loophole companies found to promote power. But in the 70s the watts were real.

This is the SX-780.

the feel of these receivers are just so much nicer than anything post 1980 when things started getting cheap and ugly in the receiver world.

Thanks! I did some searching online. I had a Pioneer SX 3700. One of the first digital ones, but it still had a dial. But i laughed when I saw the weight of it. 26 pounds! No wonder I got rid of it, but I regret that. I also had these massive speakers by Ego, which were about 2 feet high and a foot wide and deep, each. And a nice Pioneer direct drive turntable. No wonder my roommate looked worried when I showed up at college, Freshman year. I had a better stereo system than most of the guys It all still worked when I gave it to the City Opera Thrift Shop 10 years ago. I just had bought my first iPod and speakers and was apparently going through a minimalist phase. Stupid, stupid.

Appreciate the help though! I am going to talk to my brother, who is still heavily into stereo equipment and see if he can search out something for me. Also, my dad's stereo is still at my mom's house and she doesn't use it, and he always kept things in perfect condition. Looking at the pictures, I think it's a SX 750, or possibly 950. They look pretty similar, and I haven't seen it in a while. I know he bought it around 1978. Nice Pioneer turntable as well (we were obviously Pioneer fans) and some Bose speakers. Will have to check it out next time I'm home.

Thanks much!
    Last edited by NYC Fan; 04-08-2013 at 09:19 PM.

This is how much your pioneer has sold on ebay of late. http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_from...H_Sold=1&rt=nc

Yeah we all do stupid stuff. Ive gotten rid of stuff that now I regret. I also think "What was I thinking!".

But right now I am going through a cleanup phase...selling lots of childhood stuff (toys) that Ive had forever that its time to cash in. Looking to sell the stuff and buy a nice expensive Gibson Les Paul (especially now that I got the One of these Nights solo down!)... so at least I wanna spend it on something that will retain value over time. I would hate to sell childhood memories and blow it on stuff that after consumed is gone forever.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

This is the SX-780.

the feel of these receivers are just so much nicer than anything post 1980 when things started getting cheap and ugly in the receiver world.

This looks pretty much like our Pioneer that we have and it's AWESOME!!!! We pick up radio stations that we never get on anything else. My husband picked it up at a garage sale for $5. He has it hooked up with our lazer turntable and some huge OLD speakers that he tells me are worth a fortune and the sound is just ridiculously amazing!!! LOVE IT!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

And the cops love it too, right Willie?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    And the cops love it too, right Willie?
    Hey--we got through the whole summer last year without a visit from the cops. Since the houses on both sides of us our empty right now, we might get lucky this year also.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

This is how much your pioneer has sold on ebay of late. http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_from...H_Sold=1&rt=nc

Yeah we all do stupid stuff. Ive gotten rid of stuff that now I regret. I also think "What was I thinking!".

But right now I am going through a cleanup phase...selling lots of childhood stuff (toys) that Ive had forever that its time to cash in. Looking to sell the stuff and buy a nice expensive Gibson Les Paul (especially now that I got the One of these Nights solo down!)... so at least I wanna spend it on something that will retain value over time. I would hate to sell childhood memories and blow it on stuff that after consumed is gone forever.
    Thanks! This is all really helpful information. I spoke to my brother last night and he was telling me he picked up a SX 1250 at a pawn shop near him for $400 and it was in perfect condition with the box and the manual. Said it's fantastic. He also loves all those old receivers from the '70's.

Now I can have some fun looking for all this stuff. But my brother agreed that maybe I can talk to my mom and look at my dad's old stereo next time I'm home. He was such an audiophile that I'm sure he'd rather have it be used than just sit there in a cabinet in the living room. And it would make me smile every time I used it, thinking of him. I can still remember listening to Born to Run when I bought it in 1979, on the headphones on that stereo, and that was a life changing moment in my musical life

Agree about the clear out. If you're going to sell your childhood memories, make sure it's for something that you will use and be happy you have. Very smart idea!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

NYC

I recommend you first buy a vintage reciever from the 70's...I just did. They are much better quality and better looking than the plain black ones of today. I got a Technics sa-300 off a local guy on Craigslist for $55....and it sounds fantastic. My dada has a Technics sa-400 which he is going to give to me. and there are many other brands you can get from the 70s. All of them usually have a Brushed aluminum face and wood cabinet. Price can vary from $60 to $150...for most. Look on ebay...though locally is best cause you save on shipping.

For Turntables you can get for $100 a new "USB" type that is made to convert to mp3s but also can be played normally connected to AUX of your receiver.

This is the receiver I bought for 55 and blows away my newer 5.1 sony.
    Oh boy, this certainly brings back memories! Reminds me of the stereo my husband and I bought with our very first tax refund in about 1975! I'm sure there were other items we really needed, but we couldn't survive without the stereo! The receiver was Kenwood and the turntable was Pioneer. We also had the big 2 x 4 size speakers. We loved those for years!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

just came here to gloat about how I finally got my hands on a Hotel California record including the POSTER!

I already had HC, but recently realized I was missing the poster. I didn't even know it existed until recent months! it was pretty cheap too because there's writing on the sleeve, but my original copy is good, just missing the poster. so now it's complete!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

I remember when I was a kid (born in the mid 80's) and I found a copy of Hotel California in a donation bin at the church my Dad worked at. I never listened to it and I think my Dad ended up selling it at a flea market. It wasn't until a few years later that I found my sister's CD of the Eagles greatest hits, that I fell in love with the music. Hotel California came later as a teenager growing up in the pre Y2K era.