Page 104 of 142 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1419

Thread: Eagles memorabilia

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles memorabilia

TK

there is a cool ticket holder book...made for the ticket stubs from concerts..I have ours in them...got it on UNcommon goods
    if you wanna check it out

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

any lucky ladies here ever invited to the Third Encore back in the 70s?
    if so do you still have your 3E pin?

just wondering...I am surprised I haven't seen anything about these anywhere online apart from some photos

I would definitely be bragging about that! haha
    Last edited by Thirsty&Hot; 03-04-2013 at 03:49 AM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay T&H - since you asked, I'll share mine from 1976 ...

Okay - now let me just say that this is all a big delusional lie that I made up. It's not a real 3E button. I created this a few years ago based on the description of a 3E button that Don Felder gave in his book. Apparently, there were several versions of these button, since Felder's description is different than the ones we've got pictures of. Perhaps there was a new design for each tour. The only one I received is in my dreams!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Okay T&H - since you asked, I'll share mine from 1976 ...

Okay - now let me just say that this is all a big delusional lie that I made up. It's not a real 3E button. I created this a few years ago based on the description of a 3E button that Don Felder gave in his book. Apparently, there were several versions of these button, since Felder's description is different than the ones we've got pictures of. Perhaps there was a new design for each tour. The only one I received is in my dreams!
    haha THAT is exactly how I imagined it because I read Felder's description too!

making one...hmmm...not a bad idea...let's pretend!

There was a 3E button for sale on eBay some time ago. I think it was approx $30. I was tempted, but the international shipping charge was as much as the item & I had no way of knowing that it was the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    There was a 3E button for sale on eBay some time ago. I think it was approx $30. I was tempted, but the international shipping charge was as much as the item & I had no way of knowing that it was the real thing.
    yeah i don't blame you for not getting it. what did that one look like?

i wonder how many girls tried to fake a 3E button back then... or maybe they changed how it looked for every show

Well, you gotta understand that a lot of women who would now be in their 50s and 60s might not exactly look back with pride on that. Yeah, if you fantasize about having sex with an Eagle, you might be jealous. However, a lot of people less enamored of the Eagles wouldn't look at a woman lining up for meaningless sex with a drug-addled rock star as admirable behavior, frankly, and they might not think much of a woman who brags about it. In fact, they might find her kind of pathetic. Therefore, I'm not too surprised you don't see women proudly brandishing their 3E buttons on a regular basis.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, you gotta understand that a lot of women who would now be in their 50s and 60s might not exactly look back with pride on that. Yeah, if you fantasize about having sex with an Eagle, you might be jealous. However, a lot of people less enamored of the Eagles wouldn't look at a woman lining up for nameless sex with a drug-addled rock star as admirable behavior, frankly, and they might not think much of a woman who brags about it. In fact, they might find her kind of pathetic. Therefore, I'm not too surprised you don't see women proudly brandishing their 3E buttons on a regular basis.
    I definitely see your point. It's sad that people are judged that way though.
    one of my favorite quotes: "never regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted"

I think Pamela des Barres has the right idea...own it!

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty&Hot View Post
    I definitely see your point. It's sad that people are judged that way though.
    one of my favorite quotes: "never regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted"

I think Pamela des Barres has the right idea...own it!
    ooh T And H I think i really like that line>>>It applies to so many many things.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post
    ooh T And H I think i really like that line>>>It applies to so many many things.......
    it certainly does!
    and just to be clear..that's not a Pamela des Barres quote..I'm not sure who said that..but right on!

just threw Pamela in there cos I'm currently reading "I'm with the Band"
    and she is proud of having been a "band-aid"/groupie.